Problems with/Questions about Moresampler not playing edited oto! [VCV]

Avaliere

Momo's Minion
Hello! I'm rather new to UTAU and recently made a VCV voice-bank, but I think there's something that I'm not really understanding about Moresampler's oto.ini generation/append/resample functions!

I used Moresampler to generate the base oto.ini, for my VCV and was planning to then edit everything individually afterwards.

The Moresampler-generated oto.ini plays perfectly fine! Nothing at all sounds weird and out of place (at least to my amateur ears!) However, when I try to edit the oto for a phrase (E.g. e あ), that particular phrase will stop making sound and get skipped. [This is with both Tools 1 & 2 as Moresampler]

This is the Moresampler-generated values, which plays perfectly fine [Ignore the jagged stuff at the end idk why that happened because it's definitely not in the original .wav files!!]]

https://app.box.com/s/it2ir1iy88hfazolgbalxyj7a82tnplg

And this is the oto that I tried to do! [Which ended up giving me no sound for that note! It just skips past e あ now during playback!]

https://app.box.com/s/odj5rrqhyj5z4rgoo4gkvkduyqf6cvtz

I don't really understand why this is happening and would really appreciate any sort of help! I tried deleting all my .llsm files as suggested somewhere but that didn't work! Please let me know if I'm using Moresampler completely wrong and if I actually can't use Moresampler [Tool1/2] to playback otos that have been edited/not moresample-generated! I did find it kind of weird that the oto-d files seemed really off (White spaces encompassing more than 1 note, pink spaces covering a whole note instead of the start/ends of 2 notes etc.), yet played and ran smoothly, so I definitely think I might have messed something up here!

Thank you for the help, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before! I couldn't find much information on it!

Last edited:

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hello!
Have you tried resetting the envelopes and clearing the STP and preutterance and overlap? You find those by right-clicking on the note and going to the property window. If you don't see the STP box then hit the blue text that says "Details". Make sure to hit the reset and P2P3/P1P4 buttons, as they will apply the oto.ini setting to the notes.

Avaliere

Momo's Minion
Hello!
Have you tried resetting the envelopes and clearing the STP and preutterance and overlap? You find those by right-clicking on the note and going to the property window. If you don't see the STP box then hit the blue text that says "Details". Make sure to hit the reset and P2P3/P1P4 buttons, as they will apply the oto.ini setting to the notes.

Hello!! Thank you for responding! Yes I have done that! Everything works perfectly fine until I try to edit an oto for a specific note! That's when it skips over and doesn't play! Everything else that was unedited/untouched works fine!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hello!! Thank you for responding! Yes I have done that! Everything works perfectly fine until I try to edit an oto for a specific note! That's when it skips over and doesn't play! Everything else that was unedited/untouched works fine!
Thats strange... In that case then I suggest posting a screenshot of the .ust so we can hopefully find out what's going on.

Avaliere

Momo's Minion
Thats strange... In that case then I suggest posting a screenshot of the .ust so we can hopefully find out what's going on.

I don't think its a problem with the UST because this happens even if I manually draw a long singular note and try to input e あ (In this example, e あ is the one that I edited the oto for), it still doesn't play! I've also tried multiple USTs but regardless of which I use, an edited oto note that isn't just the default oto generated by moresampler won't play!

If you still think it might be a UST thing I could take a screenshot but I'm not sure exactly what you would like to see/what I should screenshot!
[doublepost=1589379868][/doublepost]To illustrate this problem further!

This is what it sounds like before I edited the oto for "a い":
https://app.box.com/s/d1cxkx5k0wmeaw5cezsqwv5ep02oea7i

This is what it sounds like after I edited it:
https://app.box.com/s/6j49orpz2oxznxs8d25v2nsuhe3dqz5j

As you can see the a い part just doesn''t play after I edited the oto!

I have changed nothing else (UST or otherwise) other than going into Tools > Voice Bank Settings and editing "a い"'s oto in the same way that I did in my original post!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I don't think its a problem with the UST because this happens even if I manually draw a long singular note and try to input e あ (In this example, e あ is the one that I edited the oto for), it still doesn't play! I've also tried multiple USTs but regardless of which I use, an edited oto note that isn't just the default oto generated by moresampler won't play!

If you still think it might be a UST thing I could take a screenshot but I'm not sure exactly what you would like to see/what I should screenshot!
[doublepost=1589379868][/doublepost]To illustrate this problem further!

This is what it sounds like before I edited the oto for "a い":
https://app.box.com/s/d1cxkx5k0wmeaw5cezsqwv5ep02oea7i

This is what it sounds like after I edited it:
https://app.box.com/s/6j49orpz2oxznxs8d25v2nsuhe3dqz5j

As you can see the a い part just doesn''t play after I edited the oto!

I have changed nothing else (UST or otherwise) other than going into Tools > Voice Bank Settings and editing "a い"'s oto in the same way that I did in my original post!

By posting a screenshot of the .ust I meant the area where all the notes are. With that it is possible to see if there are envelope errors, they normally have a little "!" above and to the side of the note with the error. It's also possible to see it the notes .oto settings are applied when the "show pitch curve" button ("~") is on.

From my experience, the reasons for why a note isn't playing is usually one of these:
- A note has lyric input that doesn't exist in the alias/filenames of the voicebank.
- The oto.ini setting for the note has little to no white area from dragging the pink too far in.
- An envelope error, it usually happens when the length of notes are small and the note after has high preutterance.
- A resampler is being picky/doesn't want to work with that sample file. bkh01, for example, is really picky with voicebanks.

Avaliere

Momo's Minion
By posting a screenshot of the .ust I meant the area where all the notes are. With that it is possible to see if there are envelope errors, they normally have a little "!" above and to the side of the note with the error. It's also possible to see it the notes .oto settings are applied when the "show pitch curve" button ("~") is on.

From my experience, the reasons for why a note isn't playing is usually one of these:
- A note has lyric input that doesn't exist in the alias/filenames of the voicebank.
- The oto.ini setting for the note has little to no white area from dragging the pink too far in.
- An envelope error, it usually happens when the length of notes are small and the note after has high preutterance.
- A resampler is being picky/doesn't want to work with that sample file. bkh01, for example, is really picky with voicebanks.

Hello ! Here is a screenshot of the UST for the "Shi ta ii" that I posted as an example!

https://app.box.com/s/vjogmsi0njx9nph2hhkkw3jlnfmkoqhm

The lyric input definitely exists because it plays fine unedited! The oto setting I tried to do is similar to the photo I posted in my original post! It even plays fine when I double click "P" in voice bank settings to preview it! However, it is worth noting that the default moresampler-generated otos have white areas spanning over an entire 4 syllables (example in original post), which is what made me try to edit it to the "correct" oto in the first place!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hello ! Here is a screenshot of the UST for the "Shi ta ii" that I posted as an example!

https://app.box.com/s/vjogmsi0njx9nph2hhkkw3jlnfmkoqhm

The lyric input definitely exists because it plays fine unedited! The oto setting I tried to do is similar to the photo I posted in my original post! It even plays fine when I double click "P" in voice bank settings to preview it! However, it is worth noting that the default moresampler-generated otos have white areas spanning over an entire 4 syllables (example in original post), which is what made me try to edit it to the "correct" oto in the first place!
Well, I'm stumped. There doesn't seem to be anything going on in the screenshot, and since it is an edit of the oto.ini that did play there should be nothing wrong with the alias.
It could be something with the cache settings, though I'm not that experienced with those settings. But I can show you my settings.
If you're having trouble finding the cache settings, go to the tools and select options, then hit the cache config tab.
If your settings are the same as mine then I have no idea what could be causing the issue.:sad:

Avaliere

Momo's Minion
Well, I'm stumped. There doesn't seem to be anything going on in the screenshot, and since it is an edit of the oto.ini that did play there should be nothing wrong with the alias.
It could be something with the cache settings, though I'm not that experienced with those settings. But I can show you my settings.
If you're having trouble finding the cache settings, go to the tools and select options, then hit the cache config tab.
If your settings are the same as mine then I have no idea what could be causing the issue.:sad:

Yea, that unfortunately didn't work either... Thank you for your time though!