Question About Adding Derivatives to the Wiki [Answered]

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hi.

I was going to add a couple of UTAU derivatives to the wiki and it asks for a release date when making, which is all fine and good, except I can't find a release date or date of creation for either of the derivatives I want to add. I've managed to find Nicopedia and Pixiv dictionary entries for both of them, but neither give a release date.

I've searched in both Japanese kana and romaji, but no luck. If it helps at all, they're a couple of vippaloid derivatives (specifically, they're derivatives of Sukone Tei). (Sukone Teiru and Sukone Teika are their names.)

What should be done when adding derivatives with an unknown release date? Should I not put a specific day and just use the month and year the original UTAUloid was created/released. I want to make sure I put in all information correctly, because I can't make wiki pages with erroneous information.

Apologies if this wasn't the right place to ask this. I wasn't sure if wiki related stuff should be put here or not. :cynical:

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since Support & Feedback is more meant for issues with the forum itself, usage wise, such as something not working, the chatbox being broken, etc, I would put this in UTAhelp, personally. I'll move it there, so you're good!

I found only one article mentioning Teiru in 2010, and it's a wiki article on Tei. There is no way to be sure this wasn't edited after the beginning of 2011 though. Hovering over Tei's name shows a day counter, so I subtracted that many days from today (12/22/2019) and got 12/20/10. I don't know if that's the date of the wiki page creation as a whole or the date of the last edit to it.

So I searched Nico by oldest upload date, and I found this video, which may indeed be the first usage of Teiru recorded.
I can't read Japanese, but here's the video description.
どうも、こんばんわユネコPです。
健音テイのg変えキャラ健音テイルをよろしくお願いします。
約2~3ヶ月前にのんびり作っていたオリジナルをテイの日に無理矢理便乗したく投稿してみた。銀髪本当大好きっ
テイル×テイ(又はテイ←テイル)に萌えてしまってます。
このオリジナル曲実は2番までありまして、別のUTAUに歌わせてるので、テイル版だと思ってください
g+35かでg+32で歌ってますがまだまだな気がします。。
イラストは発案した嬉咲りなさんの絵をお借りしています。
mylist/18980155【世界の新着動画】殿堂入り で紹介されたのは驚きました!!ありがとうございます

I ran it through 3 different online translation tools just to see how similar the output would be. I know it's not exactly the best way to go about things but that's the best I have to work with for now. (I sent the Japanese text to a friend and she'll likely translate it for me when she's awake. I'll update this post when I get her translation, and if someone has posted after me before she gets back to me I'll likely just put the translation in the new post alone.)
Hello, this is Good evening Yuneko P.
Thank you for the g-change character Ken-On Tails of Ken-On Tay.
I tried to post the original that I had been making about 2 or 3 months ago to make a piggyback ride on Tay's day. I really love silver hair
I am motivated by the tail x the tail (or the tail ← the tail).
This original song has up to 2 songs and lets another UTAU sing, so think of it as a tail version
I'm singing at g + 32 with g + 35, but I still feel like that. .
The illustration borrows the picture of Rina Yusaki, who came up with the idea.
mylist / 18980155 [New videos of the world] I was surprised to be introduced at the Hall of Fame! Thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thank you G change character Ken sound tail of Ken sound Tay.
About 2 ~ 3 months ago I tried to post the original that I was making leisurely to the day of the Tay I want to piggyback.I really love silver hair.
I have Moe to tail×Tay (or Tay←tail).
This original song actually there is up to the number, so let's sing to another UTAU, please think that it is the tail version
I'm singing with G + 35 or G + 32, but I still feel it.。
The illustration is to borrow a picture of the brainchild of Mr. kisarisanna.
mylist/18980155 【new movie of the world】 I was surprised that it was introduced in the Hall of Fame!!Thank you.

The last tool I ran it through was Nihongodera, which, while not giving a direct translation, breaks everything down character by character.
It's a few page fulls to read, so I won't post it here, but if you would like to look at the result just paste the Japanese description into this page and read the results.

I think it's safe to say that video is the first Teiru usage ever uploaded.
One thing the translation tools leave as a gray area as to whether or not the song 2/3 months ago was for Tei or Teiru - that'd put his creation date roughly in July or August. But since Tei herself was released in June I think it's more likely that the song was meant for her at the time, as she'd still have been very new. (Not to say she wasn't new by Oct, but.)

I also came across this page on Pixiv. At the bottom it says this:
10/1 Tei day.
There's a link there that points to a page about "Tei day", and from what I've gathered from a few translation tools (the same ones I used earlier), it's like a collaborative effort to create things focused on/around Tei? I think it'd also make sense for Teiru to be one of those creations.

So for now, since that's the best I can find, I think it's fair to put Teiru's creation date on the wiki as Oct 2010. If you have to put a day, the video was uploaded on 10/01/10. If something surfaces later that shows that date isn't his first usage or if he was mentioned somewhere before, the wiki can always be edited to reflect that.

I can't find anything on Teika at all outside of whatever this is. Sorry that's not helpful.

Reactions: Kazumimi

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I really can't thank you enough for this! You are a godsend and are beyond helpful!

(Now I'm really excited to contribute a wiki page! Thanks again so much for your help!)

(Edit: I was looking on Pixiv for any kind of official and sorted by oldest which led me to find an illustration from August 1st, 2010. So, I'll set the date to then.)

Last edited:
Reactions: partial