Questions from an ancient user

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Hey, Utaforum! It's been a long while since I've been active here (due to starting my career and adult life in general).

Some questions to get me back up to speed:
How active is the community at the moment, is it active enough to still have events like we used to? (ex. UTAU Chorus Battle, Utauvision)
What happened to moresampler? It was like THE resampler people used back in 2018~ and now it's vanished?
Who are the biggest UTAU creators now?
Anything else big that I have missed since 2018?

DimmedLight

Momo's Minion
Hi! I don't really use utaforum, so IDK what the UTAU scene is like here. From my experience, most UTAU things are still on Niconico, SoundCloud, YouTube and Twitter.

It seems to still be pretty active, though I'm not sure UTAUvision is particularly liked, due to the conditions of the last one. There are still Chorus Battles from time to time (though I'm not particularly aware how they ususally work lmao)

The ex-student (Kanru) left his uni, and they took down his account bc he graduated(?). He ran the website using his school's website, so it's been taken down. He works on SynthV (a new vocal synthesiser, that works somewhat akin to VOCALOID). He *appears* to be okay with re-distribution; I can send it to you if you'd like! However, you can find it on "mirror" websites.
>>Do note: moresampler doesn't seem to work anymore, perhaps due to a Windows update. I'm not sure on other versions of UTAU.

It's hard to say who the biggest creators are, and it depends on who you ask (and what language they speak, etc.). So, I won't answer this :smile:

There hasn't really been anything too big, however, there are a few controversies/disputes (describing them as this to avoid lengthiness) here and there. That's all I can think of, however (aside from the creation of SynthV, and Crypton breaking away from VOCALOID). I'm sure someone else who has a better memory than me can help!^^

Reactions: LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Hi! I don't really use utaforum, so IDK what the UTAU scene is like here. From my experience, most UTAU things are still on Niconico, SoundCloud, YouTube and Twitter.

It seems to still be pretty active, though I'm not sure UTAUvision is particularly liked, due to the conditions of the last one. There are still Chorus Battles from time to time (though I'm not particularly aware how they ususally work lmao)

The ex-student (Kanru) left his uni, and they took down his account bc he graduated(?). He ran the website using his school's website, so it's been taken down. He works on SynthV (a new vocal synthesiser, that works somewhat akin to VOCALOID). He *appears* to be okay with re-distribution; I can send it to you if you'd like! However, you can find it on "mirror" websites.
>>Do note: moresampler doesn't seem to work anymore, perhaps due to a Windows update. I'm not sure on other versions of UTAU.

It's hard to say who the biggest creators are, and it depends on who you ask (and what language they speak, etc.). So, I won't answer this :smile:

There hasn't really been anything too big, however, there are a few controversies/disputes (describing them as this to avoid lengthiness) here and there. That's all I can think of, however (aside from the creation of SynthV, and Crypton breaking away from VOCALOID). I'm sure someone else who has a better memory than me can help!^^

Thanks!
What were the most recent Chorus Battles? I used to participate in them back in the day and I'd be interested in competing in one again when another comes around.