Quick Question

HowlingWolf15

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm making an UST and it has 3 parts for each singer. I was wondering that is it considered lazy if I use the 'Copy & Paste to Clipboard' plugin I downloaded to put the notes of the different UST's in each other so I can change them to rests?

Cupcake

Talk-A-Lot
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make 1 UST per singer and add rests. Sounds pretty good for me and that's how everyone should do it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure what your UST-making workflow is, but you seem to imply that you work exclusively in UTAU. This makes things quite fiddly, as messing with the notes and lengths at the same time as lyrics/tuning can get quite messy. Have you ever tried splitting the work into two parts by doing the notes/lengths (and managing the different parts/harmonies) in a DAW with midi? That way, once you get to UTAU, all the notes are already in place and you only need to do lyrics and tuning.

HowlingWolf15

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure what your UST-making workflow is, but you seem to imply that you work exclusively in UTAU. This makes things quite fiddly, as messing with the notes and lengths at the same time as lyrics/tuning can get quite messy. Have you ever tried splitting the work into two parts by doing the notes/lengths (and managing the different parts/harmonies) in a DAW with midi? That way, once you get to UTAU, all the notes are already in place and you only need to do lyrics and tuning.
Actually, I've never worked with MIDI's before, so I'm not really sure how to use that method