Rant Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Momo's Minion
A repost from the old forums.

RULES:
- NO MENTIONING ANY NAMES. Let's be discreet.
- THIS ISN'T A PLACE TO ARGUE. It's a place to VENT. Take it to PMs if you must, but we all have problems that we want to dump out.
- If it's a swarm of curses and foul language, put it in spoiler tags and warn us.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I love you so much for making this thread. /prepares to rage

Ok, this is a personal thing to me. I have over 500 subscribers on youtube. 549 to be exact. I love that I have so many subbers, because I guess it makes me feel 'loved'. But please explain to me this:

Why is it that I have 549 subs and >200 views per video?

I mean, I know 200 videos is a lot to some users, but I honestly feel that if I work hard enough to get that many subbers, they could y'know....watch my videos every now and again? And I know most of the people who actually watch my videos. It's really the same 15 people or so watching it multiple times, or at least it feels that way. I don't know, maybe I'm being too selfish, or maybe my UTAU isn't that great, but I want to be one of those users who people will find video's of their UTAU one day and be like "woah, that's awesome. I want to try this." And I just don't see where I'm going wrong here.

Also, before someone points out that I'm being immature or something, let me tell you I know how hard it is to be one of those people. It's just lately, I see crap UTAU's with either bland or just plain bad voices becoming more and more popular. Some of these UTAU's creators have plainly spend less than an hour on the voicebank, and I usually spend -months- on mine, making every possible thing I can as close to perfect as I can get it. But still, my video's have 120 views, theirs have 1,200. Usually I think it's because of the art, or that person is already popular on youtube for something totally unrelated. But I don't get it. If it's crap, it's crap. Why not say it is, and just like that person for what they're good at? I just hope I'm not one of those people, I think I'd quit UTAU if people liked me even though I really sucked, and they just liked my art...
/endrant
Please explain this to me. seriously.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Awwww poor Rave. ; A ;

Well, unfortunatly I'm sure people like me are part of the problem. I don't comment on stuff I watch even if I like it unless I'm buddies with that person. And we really haven't become buddies until the past cople weeks. ; u ;

But I'm guessing part of the problem is that - people go "Oh, it's not my UTAU, it's not an UTAU I care about, and it isn't a UST or VB DL, so I won't watch it". Same thing happens on dA. And I'm guilty of that a lot myself. *cries in shame*

Though I at least have the excuse that I've been on hiatus for two months and can't afford to watch/comment on everything I missed because that's almost 2,000 videos. *n*
Need to go back to dA soon too.

UtauReni

Momo's Minion
@Rave OHHH GURRRL. It's not just you. It's just like Shinami said, there are so many UTAU users and we're all subbed to each other so we tend to skim. It's really a shame :/ And sometimes even if you do release a .UST you get a poor number of views. My most recent .UST release only got about 300 views -- out of my 1300 subscribers... xD

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Okay. There's something I need to get off my chest.

Marked as a spoiler because of the topic of abortion.

Oh. My. God.

I hate stupid people. I hate them with all my heart. Mostly, I'm sick sick SICK of people talking about abortion! I mean, my God!
"It's wrong to kill an innocent soul," they all say.
"You're going against Jesus," they all say.

I say: "Screw you, this has nothing to do with Jesus!"

And then I see this bullcrap picture on facebook about how an abortion is performed by a doctor shoving tongs up THERE and tearing off parts of the fetus at random.

What the ****!? Anyone with a BRAIN knows that isn't how abortions are performed. And yet, there were over 300 comments with people going, "That isn't right! Anyone who aborts their baby needs to burn in hell!"

What about the people that were raped? Or the people who, if forced to keep their baby, would abuse/neglect/murder it!? Don't tell me it doesn't happen. I've seen PLENTY of stories on the news about babies being found in bags in dumpsters.

"Oh, but they could just put it up for adoption!"

They COULD. But they won't. They're too damn stupid. Why do you think they got pregnant in the first place?

The saddest part is that almost every person commenting against abortion was, like, eleven. I shit you not. I'll copy some of their comments right here.

"omg lol dying. chyll main! ab0rshun iz so fxd up!!1 dey r not q0d!! $tuped ppll."

"Totally Against ABortion... No Matter What Da Situation Waz If Sum1 Iz Willin To Kill A Innocent Life They Surely Dnt Deserve To Be Here Alive Either.. But How One Said Itz There Choice Bt They Will Alwayz Live Wit It"

"Abortions are accually a sin. Dont take away a life just to make urs easier, whether u were raped or something. if u dont want the child, give it to a family who cant have any kids but are willing to raise one that isnt theirs. -____-"

It goes on.

I mean...shit.

Really. Do any of these people know what it's like to be raped? To have a constant reminder of the ordeal you went through? Almost every comment on that picture said that girls should keep their legs closed if they don't want a child. What if they had no damn choice!? UGH.

Oh, and don't get me started on the person who replied to every pro-choice comment with 'U MUST BE A GUY U DUN UNDERSTAND BLAH CRY BITCH CRY'.

Anyway....I feel like punching something. =n=

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Rave
-only has like 80 something subscribers so 200 views on anything that's not Hello How Are You would be really awesome-

I know I don't have like...any subscribers at all compared to everyone else so my opinion on the matter is very null and void but I'm going to voice it anyway if you don't mind.

I know it seems like a lot of subscribers should equal a lot of views but remember that all of your subscribers are probably subscribed to other people too and probably everyday they go on youtube they have videos that were liked, faved, or uploaded by people they're subbed to. It's a daunting task to go through all of them and watch, comment, and like as well ya know? And not all of them are JUST into Utau/Vocaloid as well~ Just because not every single one of them watches and comments on all of your videos doesn't mean you're a bad user or your UTAU is bad. It just means that not all of your subscribers can get to your videos in the timely manner you'd expect.

I mean...out of the 83 people who are subscribed to me...I'm sure only about 10 watch or give a care about what I post. And that in itself is probably a stretch as well...but I try not to let that get me down. I know I work hard on my covers and I know eventually it'll all pay off and until then...I live with it and just move on with the fun I'm having by using UTAU and meeting new people.

/enduselessopinionplz

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
@SakisCookie: Pro choice. There are reasons to have an abortion and there are reasons you shouldn't. If you're constantly having unprotected sex with no birth control and constantly getting pregnant and having abortions then its wrong; if you do get raped and absolutely cannot keep the child then abortion may be the right choice. it's all circumstantial really. Abortion is neither "right" or "wrong", just is. Circumstantial as I stated before.

Now for my rant.
Why in God's green Earth does my sister feel the need to complain about her weight and how "fat" she is? She is fourteen, 5' 3", and weighs around 100. She is PERFECT for her size and age, her BMI is wonderful, and still she chooses to complain about her weight.

Reality check dear sister: Just because you used to be underweight because of your ADD medication does not mean that underweight is OK. It just means that you used to be underweight. It does not make anorexia okay, not does it excuse your complaints.

I am 19, 5' 2.5", and around 150. THAT is overweight. YOU are not. Shut the hell up.

And that is all I have to say for now.

Dorielf

Momo's Minion
Rant time:

I got another dislike on one of my videos today. I really wish the people disliking them would leave a comment explaining why they did. Cause otherwise I wonder, was it something I did? Was the song badly mixed, or out of tune, or did I break the rules in some way? Is it just that my artwork sucks? Or was that person just an a$$hole?

Most of my videos have under 20 views, so I get really discouraged when stuff like that happens. I just want to receive constructive criticism, rather than random dislikes.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Dorielf link said:
Rant time:

I got another dislike on one of my videos today. I really wish the people disliking them would leave a comment explaining why they did. Cause otherwise I wonder, was it something I did? Was the song badly mixed, or out of tune, or did I break the rules in some way? Is it just that my artwork sucks? Or was that person just an a$$hole?

Most of my videos have under 20 views, so I get really discouraged when stuff like that happens. I just want to receive constructive criticism, rather than random dislikes.

This. I know how this feels. And whats worse, I -know- who is doing it, and they do it to every one of my videos. The best thing you can do is to ignore it. *hugs*

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Rave link said:
[quote author=Dorielf link=topic=206.msg1139#msg1139 date=1328224123]
Rant time:

This. I know how this feels. And whats worse, I -know- who is doing it, and they do it to every one of my videos. The best thing you can do is to ignore it. *hugs*
[/quote]

Uhh...uhhh, well you know, ..most dislikes that are relatively given around the time of release are more than 50% of the time just because they can dislike it. It doesn't always mean the video sucks. People think it's cool to do it all the time but of course, let's all not get egoistic and always claim dislikes to be from "trolls" only either. = v = So all I gotta say is don't get too bummed out by them. *brofist*

Jadii

Momo's Minion
On the topic of the dislikes, to my knowledge this is happening to almost EVERYONE, at first I thought it was just me (it's been happening to me for a while), but I was talking to some people on twitter and almost all of them said they are experiencing the same thing.
I'm pretty sure it has to be a bot tbh. Sometimes when I upload a video it gets a dislike INSTANTLY. If anyone had a vendetta against me, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get waiting for me to upload all the time.
Not to mention, one time I uploaded a video (【UTAUカバー】 Furan Furan Zombie 【Sachi Eika + Ceoil Eika】), it had 2 dislikes a day after I uploaded it, then when I refreshed the page 20 minutes later, it suddenly had 12+? It's been happening to a bunch of people recently, too.
So I'm pretty sure it has to be a bot. I don't know why someone would do that, but it's the only explaination.
Don't feel too disheartened.

Chihaya

Momo's Minion
I-I'm not sure if this is a topic that should be publicy well, stated out in the open just for anyone to read so I'll just place it under spoilers...

I-I get really upset when people say that the UTAU fandom is either users who are complete and total "losers" or "n00bs" or stuck up elitists. I despise that, and it makes me feel sick inside. I don't like categorizing people; I honestly don't, but when it comes to skill level and knowledge I don't feel like people should just assume and discredit people... //;;

A-Ahh, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine and they said that they tend to stay away from the UTAU fandom because of one, the "elitists"; that they are so high-strung and egotistical and whatnot that they'll act two-faced and/or never really accomodate for anything or even bother to help newcomers. Or simply have that I'm-better-than-you attitude and I didn't really know how to respond, other than that I see that some more well-known or talented users know of their skills but [hopefully] don't flaunt it and are mean-spirited as such... ;;

A-And the whole newcomer thing I won't get into too much because people know how that is. Everyone knows that newcomers will be in everything, whether it be anime, video game, or whatever you like. Everyone has to learn... But, ahh... I-It just really hurts me. The UTAU fandom is something that I really enjoy, and I hate how people just divide it like that. It's really hurtful. A-And I know it's opinion, but some people are so hostile in that regard it's so upsetting. D:

I hope no one gets offended personally. But that's hard to say, seeing as how in some standards boundaries can be crossed and all that... B-But I had to get that off my chest.

I apologize if someone is deeply hurt by it. orz;;

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Chihaya link said:
I-I'm not sure if this is a topic that should be publicy well, stated out in the open just for anyone to read so I'll just place it under spoilers...

I-I get really upset when people say that the UTAU fandom is either users who are complete and total \"losers\" or \"n00bs\" or stuck up elitists. I despise that, and it makes me feel sick inside. I don't like categorizing people; I honestly don't, but when it comes to skill level and knowledge I don't feel like people should just assume and discredit people... //;;

A-Ahh, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine and they said that they tend to stay away from the UTAU fandom because of one, the \"elitists\"; that they are so high-strung and egotistical and whatnot that they'll act two-faced and/or never really accomodate for anything or even bother to help newcomers. Or simply have that I'm-better-than-you attitude and I didn't really know how to respond, other than that I see that some more well-known or talented users know of their skills but [hopefully] don't flaunt it and are mean-spirited as such... ;;

A-And the whole newcomer thing I won't get into too much because people know how that is. Everyone knows that newcomers will be in everything, whether it be anime, video game, or whatever you like. Everyone has to learn... But, ahh... I-It just really hurts me. The UTAU fandom is something that I really enjoy, and I hate how people just divide it like that. It's really hurtful. A-And I know it's opinion, but some people are so hostile in that regard it's so upsetting. D:

I hope no one gets offended personally. But that's hard to say, seeing as how in some standards boundaries can be crossed and all that... B-But I had to get that off my chest.

Sorry if this is inappropriate but I need to ask... why on earth do you stutter type like that?
It's like... this isn't real life. You can't stutter online?
I just see people do this and I honestly can't wrap my head around it.
Is it supposed to be "cute"...?
Personally I just feel it's really forced and it actually comes across as sort of irritating, totally makes me not even want to read the post at all.
Like, that's not directed at you (or anyone in particular) and I hope you don't get the wrong impression because this isn't a personal thing and I honestly have nothing against you (I don't even know you lol), but I've come across people that do that and I honestly just do not understand it.
The only thing I kind of feel it's ok in is in like, roleplay type chats since you're supposed to be speaking like a character, but as a person... idk, it just feels unnecessary.
And this is a rant thread so I suppose I'm ranting about that. Idk.
Again, sorry if I offend you, I hope you don't take it personally or anything XD;;;;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Jadii link said:
[quote author=Chihaya link=topic=206.msg1274#msg1274 date=1328322090]

I-I get really upset when people say that the UTAU fandom is either users who are complete and total \"losers\" or \"n00bs\" or stuck up elitists. I despise that, and it makes me feel sick inside. I don't like categorizing people; I honestly don't, but when it comes to skill level and knowledge I don't feel like people should just assume and discredit people... //;;

A-Ahh, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine and they said that they tend to stay away from the UTAU fandom because of one, the \"elitists\"; that they are so high-strung and egotistical and whatnot that they'll act two-faced and/or never really accomodate for anything or even bother to help newcomers. Or simply have that I'm-better-than-you attitude and I didn't really know how to respond, other than that I see that some more well-known or talented users know of their skills but [hopefully] don't flaunt it and are mean-spirited as such... ;;

Sorry if this is inappropriate but I need to ask... why on earth do you stutter type like that?
Personally I just feel it's really forced and it actually comes across as sort of irritating, totally makes me not even want to read the post at all.
Like, that's not directed at you (or anyone in particular) and I hope you don't get the wrong impression because this isn't a personal thing and I honestly have nothing against you (I don't even know you lol), but I've come across people that do that and I honestly just do not understand it.
The only thing I kind of feel it's ok in is in like, roleplay type chats since you're supposed to be speaking like a character, but as a person... idk, it just feels unnecessary.
Again, sorry if I offend you, I hope you don't take it personally or anything XD;;;;
[/quote]

Weeee huge quote box, sorry everyone.

Anyways, Chihaya here is an IRL friend of mine. i know she doesn't stutter in real life, and I often ask her why on earth she does that. She says she does it because she's shy online, and I guess she sorta is, but I don't really get it myself.

My only theory is that it's because she roleplays. A looooot. That's what she mainly does on the internet, so I think it got ingrained into her typing behavior and she feels akward not doing it...? I dunno.

(Hope you don't mind me explaining this to them, Chihaya.  But like I told you, it does irk some people and strike them as really odd.)

Chihaya

Momo's Minion
Jadii link said:
[quote author=Chihaya link=topic=206.msg1274#msg1274 date=1328322090]

[/quote]

EDIT: ... Basically what Shinami said. //;;

A-Ahh, no, don't worry, you're fine! I'm not offended by it by any means. u w u;;

But ahh, it's a bad habit that's stuck with me since role playing over the years. I don't try to make it sound like I'm "cute" or something of that sort... I-It's just really awkward for me to type a sentence or something and they're no hyphens. It's just extremely difficult for me to type without things like that... ;;

It's gotten to the point that I can't really say something without stuttering. And if I come off as extremely defensive of some sort I apologize. ;; u ;;

Funny enough, when I type people tend to think that I'm trying to be an anime/cartoon character because of it, but I assure it isn't anything that I'm trying to send like... Ahh, "cute" wise. I-If you want to put it that way... u v u;;

B-But don't worry, you're not offending anyone. ; w ; ~

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
...*slips in to make a small new rant*

I absolutely hate how one of my friends insists on calling me a "weeaboo" just because I enjoy Vocaloid/UTAU/Japanese music in general. It especially bothers me because he knows I listen to a lot of music regardless of the language, but he still goes "oh, it's Japanese? lol you're a weeaboo."
Um, excuse me, but how does that make me a weeaboo? I think the technology is interesting, and I enjoy music.

It makes me want to break his face in so badly, but he's one of those people who can do no wrong so if I even try to tell him gently to knock it off it'll explode into this huge thing. =n= Ugh.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*cough* Please ignore this...I'm just being erm...annoying. And a crybaby I guess.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a terrible person and I don't deserve the friends that I have. They're all so nice to me and sometimes I feel like I do nothing for them in return. As of late...I just feel like I've been very selfish and mean to my friends and I can't figure out why. Maybe it's cause I have been...I don't think I do enough for all of my UTAU buddies out there and they all deserve better I think.../ifail

Yeah...-hides in corner-

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@ Iris:

I know you said to ignore it, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone in thinking like that. I feel that way all the time.

Still, I think people stay friends with you for a reason, and you shouldn't feel like you're "not doing enough." Being friends at all is enough.

Anyway, I'm not going to try to give any more advice 'cuz I'm terrible at it. *gives internet hugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.