Reasons Why The JP Vocaloid Store Is Better To Buy From

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to this thread where I unveil some secrets about the unfairness of the Vocaloid Store to western fans. I wanted to buy Macne Nana ENG/JP bundle, but it costs $230. I knew that some Vocaloids are indeed cheaper on the JP Vocaloid Store so I decided to go check and see how much she was on there. She is $100 dollars less than what she is on the English store. So I suggest if you see a Vocaloid you want and it's extremely pricey on the English store then go check the Japanese store. If you are asking "but wait. I don't live in Japan so if I buy a box how am I suppose to receive it?" then don't worry. Use a service like Tenso so you can receive it. I kind of think this is why some people prefer the Japanese Vocaloid store. (Heck Miki is only $50 on the Japanese site which is way better than buying her for $100 from Amazon.)

Reactions: Tema

Link48

Teto's Territory
Your welcome! Also new products tend to come out on the Japanese Vocaloid store while the English Vocaloid store hardly gets updated
Heeyup, like actually Eng Vocaloid Store don't have V4, heck it doesn't even have "popular" V3 banks like IA or Crypton's.
Well, it's a known fact that YAMAHA don't care much for out-of-japan when it comes to Vocaloid... Unhopefully...

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Heeyup, like actually Eng Vocaloid Store don't have V4, heck it doesn't even have "popular" V3 banks like IA or Crypton's.
Well, it's a known fact that YAMAHA don't care much for out-of-japan when it comes to Vocaloid... Unhopefully...

While it's true they don't, there are most likely also some other legal implications that prevent them from selling overseas. :/

Probably some of the same reasons as with Rana, since WE'VE can't do business legally overseas.

Link48

Teto's Territory
While it's true they don't, there are most likely also some other legal implications that prevent them from selling overseas. :/

Probably some of the same reasons as with Rana, since WE'VE can't do business legally overseas.

Mmh that's interesting, I never knew about this...

It still seems weird an international and very known company like YAMAHA is not permitted to do business oversea...

Maybe it's related to third party not wanting their VB to be sell on the English store because it's more expensive or they believe it's less beneficial for whatever reason...

However, this is not explaining the lack of VOCALOID4...
I'm not a market expert, so idk...

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm planning to buy the download version of V4 editor off the JP store, do you think I can do that? I mean, it says they won't ship outside of Japan, but downloads don't need to be shipped?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm planning to buy the download version of V4 editor off the JP store, do you think I can do that? I mean, it says they won't ship outside of Japan, but downloads don't need to be shipped?

You'll still need a Japanese address to make an account, if I remember correctly. I don't think they have guest checkout.