Releasing project files? Yay or nay?

P

partial

I've finally finished an original song of mine. Once I have created a PV for it, I want to release things like the off vocal and UST file and such. But is it good or bad to release the project file for the DAW itself? I need some opinions, and if you want, tell me why you think that way.

Damien

Wannabe Worker
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Imo it's perfectly fine, but the only bad thing could be other people not having the right vsts to work with the project file. People could learn a thing or two just from looking at a song's project file however, like some song structure or whatever.

P

partial

To encourage remixes, I think the best idea would be to release stems (wav file renders of the individual tracks) and let people know what the tempo and key of the song are. That way, anyone will be able to use the files in any DAW.
This is actually a great idea buuuuut I don't really know what key I'd say the song is in lmao OTL
I don't really know music theory.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

OnegaiKudasai

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Heyo this is just an opinion (also I hope it's not late to reply)

Personally, I'd be scared that someone might plagiarize or straight up tell others it's their's. Then again, you can prove that you were the creator by the release date.

Like what Kiyoteru mentioned above, release the stems instead! If you are really paranoid (like me orz), only give them out when someone asks for it.

That's all!