Reording a Japanese instrument on UTAU

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I would like to record an UTAU... I mean, I'm not capable... but it can be mine (credit me-like) but done by someone else... and I thought... why not like an instrument UTAU? But... not a piano, a guitar... a koto! Or... I don't know... but maybe someone else tried in the Japanese community... any suggestions?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I would like to record an UTAU... I mean, I'm not capable... but it can be mine (credit me-like) but done by someone else... and I thought... why not like an instrument UTAU? But... not a piano, a guitar... a koto! Or... I don't know... but maybe someone else tried in the Japanese community... any suggestions?

Well that would certainly be interesting, it would open the possibilty to use UTAU as a instrumental DAW; but why not make your own UTAU?
A friend could help you after all!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Sors Alessandra can't use UTAU herself due to visual impairment (she uses a screen reader and UTAU has no accessibility features for the blind). @Alessandra I think I have koto in my list of vsts in mixcraft as well as a few other instruments like shamisen.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Yay, I totally support more intrument UTAUs! If you need help with anything I am more than happy to give you support!
Can I PM you? I remember you had a problem with the screen reader on the PM pages, but was it solved? If not, you can pass me your Skype (or Twitter) and we can talk trought there :smile:

ReticentResolve

Ancient Master of Filibustering
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I did an ocarina one a while back. I was planning on remaking it soon. Basically I planned on recording 3 different samples, as the reclists I was using had 5 mora, 7 mora, 6 mora samples. Just to better give the sorry of transitions. Then just go into the oto in a .txt editor like notepad and edit the names of the samples (Bababibabubeba) to 7mora.wav.

Then just edit one of each, copy and paste into the oto again, and Bam! Instrumental UTAU.

As far as instrument wise, I can basically only give help with ones with mouth pieces...

Breath REALLY deep and push out air as though you were saying 'tu'. It helps with clarity.

I hope I was able to help. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. ^-^

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, he PMed me! Anyway, no VSTs... I have a koto library for KONTAKT, played by a professional koto player. And I'm wondering... I think we can create a "multitechnique" voicebank, not because more articulations we have, most realistic can be this UTAU

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey, if you're sampling from a Kontakt library, are you licensed to do that? Is it under some sort of Creative Commons, or did the author give you permission? Resampling someone else's library may not be the best idea. If you contact the author, you might even get the raw samples.

Alessandra

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
They didn't allow me to do this