*resolved* I'm trying to render my first file, but every time i do it fails

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
I have absolutely no experience as of right now, I just finished making my first song with the program, but I can't save the file in a way that makes it exist. Every time I try to open the file that i saved, I get a "file cannot be found" error, even though UTAU told me that the .wav file was saved successfully. Is there a specific way to save your project that works?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So you rendered it out, but you didn't save the project as a .ust file?

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
no, It's saved as a .ust file I'm pretty sure, since I was able to reopen it after closing the program
Then I'm afraid I'll need some more details on what exactly you're trying to do.......

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm trying to save it as a .wav file so I can put it somewhere else, like my google drive
Ah, you're gonna need to render it, the button to render it should be in the Project(P) tab button thing on the top left, should say 'Render wav File(R)'

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
Ah, you're gonna need to render it, the button to render it should be in the Project(P) tab button thing on the top left, should say 'Render wav File(R)'
when I try to do that, it just tells me "Failed to generate wav file, please check settings"

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
when I try to do that, it just tells me "Failed to generate wav file, please check settings"
There are two "settings" I can think of then...
Tools(T) > Option(O)
and
Project(P) > Project Property(R)

You may want to check Project Property first

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
There are two "settings" I can think of then...
Tools(T) > Option(O)
and
Project(P) > Project Property(R)

You may want to check Project Property first
What am I supposed to be checking, though? I checked both places, but I have no clue what I'm looking for

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What am I supposed to be checking, though? I checked both places, but I have no clue what I'm looking for
Check the wavtool and resamplers first. After that, you're on your own, as my limits in knowledge are being stretched thin.

Essentially, you're gonna want to check if those two tools are set properly, as I, experimenting, put both tools to run UTAUcolours which is not a resmapler or wavtool, and that gave me the same error.

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
Check the wavtool and resamplers first. After that, you're on your own, as my limits in knowledge are being stretched thin.
I did just get the file to render, but I still can't play it from windows media player because it says the file isn't found

Last edited:

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm not really sure what you mean by "check". I did just get the file to render, but I still can't play it from windows media player because it says the file isn't found
oh wonky

Try rendering it again, and try using a different media player like the way more superior VLC

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Which sampler are you using (in the Project properties) (some samplers are very picky with oto and wont play badly otoed samples at all), can you play the UST in UTAU normally, are there problems with playback?

Some basic things to check:

>System locale
>Try changing the export location (the folder you're exporting the wav into, if the render test left .dat or .whd files behind, delete those, since they might prevent exporting to the folder)
>make sure you have the rights to the folder you're saving your wav to (I had troubles with saving with other programs since I had to gain admin rights)

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
Which sampler are you using (in the Project properties) (some samplers are very picky with oto and wont play badly otoed samples at all), can you play the UST in UTAU normally, are there problems with playback?

Some basic things to check:

>System locale
>Try changing the export location (the folder you're exporting the wav into, if the render test left .dat or .whd files behind, delete those, since they might prevent exporting to the folder)
>make sure you have the rights to the folder you're saving your wav to (I had troubles with saving with other programs since I had to gain admin rights)
Where are the system locale settings?
Post automatically merged:

oh wonky

Try rendering it again, and try using a different media player like the way more superior VLC
VLC says the same thing

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Here's information about locale! :smile:
Locale is the main error cause.

Also, is the voicebank okay? Are you using a correctly formatted VB with a corresponding UST (for example VCV, VC, VCCV, where V is for vowel, C for consonant. CV samples are "ka", "se", "te", etc, VCV samples are "aka" "iti", "aか" etc. The lyrics are basically shortcuts for UTAU to know what wav files to play. If your lyrics contain syllables that aren't coded into the voicebank with filenames or aliases in the oto, UTAU doesn't know what sounds to use for the lyrics.
Some banks are romaji encoded, some japanese, then you need to convert the lyrics to either romaji or hiragana, to correlate with the coding of the voicebank! :smile: )
Lyric conversion is easy as heck, there are plugins for it (I use them all the time bc my banks are romaji coded and I use hiragana usts)

---
Delete the wav that didn't work out, you can always make new ones, I think it might be empty or corrupted so it wont play!

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
Here's information about locale! :smile:
Locale is the main error cause.

Also, is the voicebank okay? Are you using a correctly formatted VB with a corresponding UST (for example VCV, VC, VCCV, where V is for vowel, C for consonant. CV samples are "ka", "se", "te", etc, VCV samples are "aka" "iti", "aか" etc. The lyrics are basically shortcuts for UTAU to know what wav files to play. If your lyrics contain syllables that aren't coded into the voicebank with filenames or aliases in the oto, UTAU doesn't know what sounds to use for the lyrics.
Some banks are romaji encoded, some japanese, then you need to convert the lyrics to either romaji or hiragana, to correlate with the coding of the voicebank! :smile: )
Lyric conversion is easy as heck, there are plugins for it (I use them all the time bc my banks are romaji coded and I use hiragana usts)
Ok, I checked my locale and apparently I already set it to Japan. I'm pretty sure the voicebank is correctly formatted, since she could sing

Reactions: Cyberbison

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
can you play the UST in UTAU normally, are there problems with playback in the UTAU software before exporting the wav?

Teto is kana encoded, how about the UST you're trying to play?

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
can you play the UST in UTAU normally, are there problems with playback in the UTAU software before exporting the wav?

Teto is kana encoded, how about the UST you're trying to play?
The playback sounds fine, I don't think there is any issues with it. I used hiragana in the ust, that's kana, right? (actually I'm not 100% sure what a ust is)

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay! Hmm, interesting. It takes some time, but you could try playing the song once in UTAU, and rendering the wav through PLAY -> save last play.

Have you deleted the remains of your last attempts?
You could try deleting the cache from project settings, and rendering again using the Project -> render

kittenmitten502

Momo's Minion
Okay! Hmm, interesting. It takes some time, but you could try playing the song once in UTAU, and rendering the wav through PLAY -> save last play.

Have you deleted the remains of your last attempts?
You could try deleting the cache from project settings, and rendering again using the Project -> render
I've tried that a few times, but it only gives me a file that can't be found/ doesn't exist for some reason. I deleted the cache and I still have the same problem. I can't delete the wav files that didn't work out because they don't exist in any folder somehow