Ritsu's voice

LokiPokiNya

Momo's Minion
I am brand new to Utau, just downloaded it yesterday and messed around until I got a decent grasp of the program. I downloaded Ritsu's normal voicebank and an ust which I'm in the middle of tuning (going pretty well whoop) and I wanted to ask, is there a way to strengthen Ritsu's voice? Right now he sounds like he's sitting alone in a room quietly singing to himself. I've looked up things about flags but I'm still a tad confused about them, too. Is the quality just how the normal Ritsu voicebank is, or is there something I could do to make it a little more powerful?

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I don't use Ritsu's voicebanks, but that might just be how the normal one is. Flags are used to alter aspects of the voice within the program; if you're going for power, Y0 or B0 might help (B and BRE lower breathiness).

You could try downloading Moresampler and using that with Ritsu. It has its own custom flags. To add more power, you could try Mt or Mo with a positive value (ex. Mt25).

Or, if you wanted to, you could download a different bank altogether. Ritsu has two Kire banks (they usually become more powerful at higher pitches) and a strong bank. I'll link to his website just in case. One of those might work better.
I hope this helps! Good luck ^^

LokiPokiNya

Momo's Minion
Thank you!! I ended up downloading the strong voicebank and it definitely sounds better. I'll keep looking into flags and such as well. Overall the song came out pretty good for my first try! Again, thanks for the help!

Reactions: lunari162