UtaForum RK Sympathy : Sympathyloid's Kickstarter

SynthJ

Your average guy
Defender of Defoko
RK Sympathy, a company that hopes to bring light to numerous mental illnesses through the use of UTAU, has created a kickstarter to help get funding to create their UTAU voicebanks! When you purchase these voicebanks, the money is donated to their respected foundations!!

Support here :

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'm not really sure where to start. I guess I'll just go by the order of the stuff on the page.

The video for the project is extremely bland and drawn out more than it should be. The narrator sounds bored and is making me wanna fall asleep, there's absolutely no enthusiasm there, nothing that made me ACTUALLY WANT to listen to the whole of the video. What was said could probably be cut down quite a bit, and I'd try giving an example of how you could do that myself, but I can't even watch the video a second time without immediately getting distracted by something else. You also didn't show any examples of voicebanks. When creating a Kickstarter, you should always prove that you'll somehow be able to actually deliver on what's being promised by showing some of what you've worked on so far. I mean, sure, UTAU is fairly easy to create voicebanks for, but it's still a good idea to show that you're capable of making an UTAU voicebank.

Which organisations are you going to donate to? Saying 'we're going to donate money to some charities' while also stating no charities seems pretty fishy to me. On top of that, a Kickstarter project to ask for funds to make something that's going to then be sold for charitable causes feels off too, but I can't really put my finger on a reason why. Probably because I've never seen someone do something like that before.

Most of the disorders you have here are ones that most people who exist and use the internet know of. There are only six, maybe seven disorders here I've never heard of. Since a lot of these disorders are fairly well-known, they've already got a lot of people who're helping out by donating to charities for them, and while more is always better, there are other less well-known disorders that you could've chosen which have very little people donating to charities for them.
One example would be fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (or "FOP") which causes the body to incorrectly heal damaged tissue with bone, which usually causes sufferers to be incapacitated in constant pain, and there are only around 800 people who have it. There's only one organisation accepting donations that will go to research for FOP, and most of the money it gets comes from families of people suffering with the disorder.
Now, I'm not saying you should use that disorder specifically, I was just using it as an example since it was one of the first examples I could think of.

There's a really bad case of "same face syndrome" going on with the headshots here. The face shape is relatively the same, and the facial features are also fairly the same between each Sympathyloid. There's also nothing about them which makes them very memorable.

That's pretty much all I wanted to say, but I'd also like to point out that "Insomnia Disorder" should probably just be written as "Insomnia" on the Kickstarter page, since that's what most people call it.

SynthJ

Your average guy
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'm not really sure where to start. I guess I'll just go by the order of the stuff on the page.

The video for the project is extremely bland and drawn out more than it should be. The narrator sounds bored and is making me wanna fall asleep, there's absolutely no enthusiasm there, nothing that made me ACTUALLY WANT to listen to the whole of the video. What was said could probably be cut down quite a bit, and I'd try giving an example of how you could do that myself, but I can't even watch the video a second time without immediately getting distracted by something else. You also didn't show any examples of voicebanks. When creating a Kickstarter, you should always prove that you'll somehow be able to actually deliver on what's being promised by showing some of what you've worked on so far. I mean, sure, UTAU is fairly easy to create voicebanks for, but it's still a good idea to show that you're capable of making an UTAU voicebank.

Which organisations are you going to donate to? Saying 'we're going to donate money to some charities' while also stating no charities seems pretty fishy to me. On top of that, a Kickstarter project to ask for funds to make something that's going to then be sold for charitable causes feels off too, but I can't really put my finger on a reason why. Probably because I've never seen someone do something like that before.

Most of the disorders you have here are ones that most people who exist and use the internet know of. There are only six, maybe seven disorders here I've never heard of. Since a lot of these disorders are fairly well-known, they've already got a lot of people who're helping out by donating to charities for them, and while more is always better, there are other less well-known disorders that you could've chosen which have very little people donating to charities for them.
One example would be fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (or "FOP") which causes the body to incorrectly heal damaged tissue with bone, which usually causes sufferers to be incapacitated in constant pain, and there are only around 800 people who have it. There's only one organisation accepting donations that will go to research for FOP, and most of the money it gets comes from families of people suffering with the disorder.
Now, I'm not saying you should use that disorder specifically, I was just using it as an example since it was one of the first examples I could think of.

There's a really bad case of "same face syndrome" going on with the headshots here. The face shape is relatively the same, and the facial features are also fairly the same between each Sympathyloid. There's also nothing about them which makes them very memorable.

That's pretty much all I wanted to say, but I'd also like to point out that "Insomnia Disorder" should probably just be written as "Insomnia" on the Kickstarter page, since that's what most people call it.
Though I appreciate your feedback- this isn't my project.. xD I just wanted to spread their kickstarter to help them out. I am not affiliated with them at all.