Romaji Voicebank?

Alexis

Teto's Territory
Hello!

I'm currently trying to use Oremo to make an UTAU and I was wondering how I can make it a romaji UTAU?
It's much easier for me to use romaji so I'd like to make my UTAU a romaji voice bank! :smile:

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Having Oremo oto a romaji bank is next to impossible without a base oto and even then Oremo likes being a problem child.
Other than that, you'd have to do it by hand which honestly isnt hard just real time consuming.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You could load up a romaji reclist into Oremo, but you'd probably have to oto it by hand

Alexis

Teto's Territory
Having Oremo oto a romaji bank is next to impossible without a base oto and even then Oremo likes being a problem child.
Other than that, you'd have to do it by hand which honestly isnt hard just real time consuming.

When you say do it by hand do you mean renaming the files to romaji?

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
By hand I mean physically going in and moving the lines(teh red line, the green line, teh pink block etc) appropriately. I mean you could also record in hiragana, have oremo oto it that way and go in and copy, rename and save the aliases. Like having "a ぶ". duplicating it and renaming the duplicate as "a bu"

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You can name your .wav files in romaji for a CV voicebank - as far as I know it won't generate you any problems, as you can just add a kana alias to all your .wav files if needed. However, if you are doing a VCV or CVVC, you can have you .wav files in romaji, but having them be aliased in romaji is just completly unnecessary, as all of the USTs are made for the... " traditional romaji/kana mix-up".
tl;dr name your .wav file "aaiauea" or "ああいあうエア”, it won't matter probably? but make the aliases like "a あ " or " u え " not "a a" or "u e", as it is written in any base oto for a japanese voicebank.

Reactions: Nohkara
P

partial

Romaji CV UTAU is probably fine, and technically if you really wanted to have romaji VCV, you could. But with VCV you would never be able to plug and play USTs because no one really makes them purely in romaji, so you would have to edit everything by hand. That doesn't mean your reclist has to be in hiragana, though. (But it's easier to get a base oto that way,)

Reactions: Nohkara