Run-time error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument

kjch

Momo's Minion
It's been 5 days please I really need help. I'll provide any information needed to solve the problem.

kjch

Momo's Minion
I followed some installing tutorials on Youtube, they stated that you need to change your region to Japanese, and so I did. Then I went to configure the decimals settings, which I left it as it is because it was the same as the video wanted. After that, I downloaded the English version (0.4.18e) of UTAU setup from http://utau2008.xrea.jp and ran it (I choose install only on this user and installed it at "C:\Users\[Name]\Documents").
After the setup the error above popped out no matter what I tried (running as administrator, troubleshooting, compatibility mode).

But yesterday I tried reinstalling the program but this time the setup program showed this
1620048261320.png
I only have a basic understanding of Japanese and couldn't make out what the message was. The program files which supposedly should be installed in "C:\Users\[Name]\Documents" wasn't there.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The region setting is not the same as locale, language for non-unicode programs. Please ensure that it's locale: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/locale.html
No other language/region/clock/etc. settings need to be changed.

You should also try redownloading the installer instead of running the same file again.

kjch

Momo's Minion
1620050939954.png
Was indeed locale.

Reinstalled the program with a redownloaded setup and changed the install directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\UTAU and it creates a UTAU file directory.

1620054146217.png
The error still shows up when utau.exe is ran.

Attachments

• 1620054106676.png
    1620054106676.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 4

cherreyes

Momo's Minion
I've just got a new laptop and while trying to reinstall UTAU had this same issue. I've reinstalled UTAU several times with my locale set to Japanese (I checked), and am at my wit's end!
Post automatically merged:

Here's a little insight into the issue. I'm on Windows 10 with my locale set to Japanese. I've tried moving the folder out of Program Files (x86), changing the resampler, everything. Reinstalled the installer several times too. Sorry to be a pain, but I haven't seen anyone other than kjch have this issue so figured I may as well post here. Any help would be hugely appreciated!:love:
2023-04-15.png

Attachments

• 2023-04-15 (1).png
    2023-04-15 (1).png
    200.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: