Saihate ~Heavenly Mix~ {Kage Mikuru}

Zakoloid

Teto's Territory
Princess Aleks link said:
it's... off key...
Do you mean the octave? That's the only way I can fix the volume, since I have to import it into Audacity rather than record it from Windows Media Player. Or do you mean the timing is off? o.o

Borginia

Teto's Territory
Zakoloid link said:
[quote author=Princess Aleks link=topic=3685.msg26801#msg26801 date=1349485659]
it's... off key...
Do you mean the octave? That's the only way I can fix the volume, since I have to import it into Audacity rather than record it from Windows Media Player. Or do you mean the timing is off? o.o
[/quote]

no she mean the key (the midi that he sings) is off.
you changed the octave of the pitch? you did it by 12? or just like you wanted?

Zakoloid

Teto's Territory
Borginia link said:
[quote author=Zakoloid link=topic=3685.msg26953#msg26953 date=1349644367]
[quote author=Princess Aleks link=topic=3685.msg26801#msg26801 date=1349485659]
it's... off key...
[/quote]

no she mean the key (the midi that he sings) is off.
you changed the octave of the pitch? you did it by 12? or just like you wanted?
[/quote]
Oh, I only lowered either one by a little. I think I lowered the UST by maybe 4-5 (more towards C4 than C5, since he sounds better there), and I lowered the octave just a little more. It would've been ear-splitting loud if I hadn't.

deactivated

Teto's Territory
I dont understand how making it higher pitched makes it louder, you can just edit it lower. (even audacity does that,)

But I mean, when you change the pitch of a song from say C5 to lower, you have to do it by 12 notes even (1 octave). So C5 to C4. Putting it on another pitch would only sound good if you also pitched the song, but usually people can hear the difference.

It's the basis of music theory, and really just a rule-of-thumb. You can change octaves but don't pitch up or down randomly, always do it by 12 notes.

Zakoloid

Teto's Territory
Princess Aleks link said:
I dont understand how making it higher pitched makes it louder, you can just edit it lower. (even audacity does that,)

But I mean, when you change the pitch of a song from say C5 to lower, you have to do it by 12 notes even (1 octave). So C5 to C4. Putting it on another pitch would only sound good if you also pitched the song, but usually people can hear the difference.

It's the basis of music theory, and really just a rule-of-thumb. You can change octaves but don't pitch up or down randomly, always do it by 12 notes.
Oh, I never knew that, I was just told that the change had to be under 12 notes. As for the volume, I haven't been trained to notice the differences between octaves or anything like that, so it just sounds like the volume has changed. I've tried to find out how to do it on Audacity, but no tutorials have helped, sadly.

Ah, it's too bad I messed up something that seems so simple, I was really proud of it...Oh well ^^;

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
In Audacity, to change the volume, you use the Amplify effect(or at least, this is what I use). It either makes the sound soft or loud. You can play around with it a bit to see what you like.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It sounds much, much better! If it's a boy, I suggest to lower down the notes(like from F5 to F4) ....to be more natural I guess as stated above. But it's still a pretty ok cover, to me. The oto can be worked on very slightly, I guess, but it's fine.