Shinami's Blue Randomizer Nuzlocke

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey everyone~ My IRL friends and I JUST discovered this AMAZING....edit? mod? hack?...of Pokemon Red/Blue. It's made by the same person who did the Emerald Randomizer, but with a billion more things to make random. Types, moves, trainer Pokemon, TMs, even stats and Legendaries (Like, instead of Mewtwo you find yourself fighting a Lv. 70 Pidgey)! It's gonna be fun.

So, I nearly enabled everything except for the "Swap Stats" because I personally don't want to go that far.

This Nuzlocke will be following general Nuzlocke rules:
-Pokemon faints, it's dead, release and sob
-Only first Pokemon seen on a route can be caught
PERSONAL EXCEPTIONS:
-No duplicates
-I use PSN status at this moment to catch Pokemon and at Lv. 2-4 they die in a few steps. So for now, maybe until Misty, I won't count fainting as a result of poisoning if I just caught it as death.

Since this is a random world, expect randomness from me as the narrator (and the game too, surprisingly). And I'm not going to screenshot EVERYTHING, that takes forever - only significant events. I'm expecting you know the layout of Red/Blue.

WE BEGIN

33tlab6.png

1) So, I'm a young man named Sven who lives in house #1 out of three in Pallet Town. That for some reason a professor lives in. I honestly wonder where he got his degree, I've never heard of any Pokecolleges. Anywho, my last name? Hah. In Kanto it's illegal to have names longer than seven characters, so everyone only has a first name. Except for Pokemon. I think the reason they can have longer names is when SirBlubber the great came to power... History lesson aside, yes, I am Sven, and I'm soon to be the Pokemon Champion.

2zyz8nb.png

2) Lenard is my neighbor, in house #2 of three, and his name had to have been concieved by some wierdo nerd because what mom would name their kid "Lenard". Out of the ten or so residents in Pallet Town, we're conveniently the same age and as such, instead of playing together and becoming friends, HATE EACH OTHER as all normal ten-year-old boys do. And he's Oak's grandkid. You wouldn't guess it from how often the Professor keeps asking people for his name. He should be glad that one time he asked me I didn't say "BUTFACE" or "BARF".

98awyr.png

3) ...Oak is a wierd guy. But then again, we all live in a Pokemon world (pokemon world), so I guess I can't be too judging about his choices in Pokemon to offer us. His descriptions were hilarious though, and even Lenard had a hard time holder back a snicker at the old Prof. And I really hope he wasn't serious about the Nidorina being KO'd and the Hitmonchan being sick. That's just...well, sick. (Luckily, they weren't. Though I still worry for the Hitmonchan...)

f5bsso.png

4) I chose Nidorina, since I'm a statistical studier and knew that her evolution, Nidoqueen, had some sweet stats in the end, well rounded and everything. So I chose her and named her Kyukyu! Perfect name. Yes it is. Stop saying it isn't. You know you love it. And I somehow magically took a peek at her type and moves (I guess Oak was right about the mind powers of trainers, that's one less thing to say he's crazy about) and she's a Fighting type, which is cool and gave her a brown coloration (Totally normal in Kanto, I assure you), and HOLY FUDGE OAK WHY IS THIS POKEMON SO GOOD. She knows Drill Peck. DRILL PECK. And Clamp! I know readers from other regions may be confused, where in their Leagues Clamp's original use has been restricted, but here in Kanto it's an excellent move while a Pokemon is young. But all in all I'm extremely happy to have gotten my beloved Kyukyu.

5k53kh.png

5) Lenard, really? I'm dying over here and he looks pretty flustered too. He just seized a Pokeball out of anger from me getting first pick, and PFFFFT lo and behold it's a pink, Normal type Oddish. I don't know if it's dual type but dear god he got a PINK ODDISH. HAH. I thrashed him quickly with my beautiful Kyukyu. you're so excellent yes you are abuhubuhuububuhuhbuh Ahem.

2800gl.png

6) After thrashing Lenard (I'm starting to feel bad for that Oddish, poor thing hooked up with that idiot) I decided to try traveling to Viridian City now that I have a Pokemon. I find it kind of odd that all the towns and cities are so completely isolated, thus stunting human life without trade, but eh, Professor Oak is a Professor, so that's life. But today I encountered my first Pokemon! A Clefable, Fighting by the looks of it. It stunned my Kyukyu, but otherwise it was an easy battle with experience.

iwptap.png

7) After delivering something to Oak (Pallet isn't that far, why that shopkeeper couldn't just get an employee to do it I'll never know, especially since one who gave me a potion was out picking flowers on the route), he gave Lenard and me a Pokedex (How does it gather information? Trainer mind magic in a machine? Cool.) and sent us on the League challenge. I was eager to catch my first Pokemon, and soon found myself facing a Ghost Squirtle. Awesome! The battle was an actual challenge, both Kyukyu and the a Squirtle huffing by the end, but finally I whittled the Pokemon down enough to throw a...! ...I have no Pokeballs. Screw you, Oak. Damn. Ffffff kill it already Kyukyu, I'm depressed now.

15qwuoy.png

8) After GOING TO THE STORE AND SPENDING HALF MY MONEY OAK YOU JERK, I went back on the route to catch something. It was one of those Clefables, easy to catch, a bit dissappointing really. But a Pokemon's a Pokemon no matter how low leveled and close to your hometown it is.

10wid87.png

9) Ah, Electric and Fighting and WOAH nice variety of moves there for a level three! And if I recall Clefable aren't that bad. I dub thee Momoe the cute! No I still love you the most Kyukyu don't worry~

zn7u5k.png

10) I need to build up my team in preparation for Viridian Forest and the gym that lies in Pewter City. A shame the Viridian City one is closed, but I heard the leader was one of the toughest many would save for the last, so maybe it's a good thing. Hmmm...but Lenard might have been arrogant enough to charge in with his...pffft pink Oddish...and challenge them. It would have been worth seeing that. Anyways, so I traveled west of the city and quickly delved into the grass and, soon enough, a Porygon was attacking me! Easy enough to beat, and from what I know of Porygons (Free WiFi everywhere I go yeeeeeah~) I named him (Her? It? Are Porygons genderless? I didn't study them well.) Convini.

34qpo94.png

11) Hah, very nice move - Waterfall is sometimes so hard to find in Pokemon. Though from his smaller move pool and low level, I'm concerned. I'll have to watch him carefully when training. ...And why are all my Pokemon Fighting type...?

dfhn46.png

12) Marched up north above Viridian to get my catch before the forest. I crept around carefully north of town, but for some reason the Legendary Old Man many a trainer had complained about for showing them how to catch useless Weedle (Though he had the remarkable ability to catch it in one try without fail every time, and he's shown a LOT of trainers) didn't stall me. Huh. Interesting. Maybe Kyukyu impressed him and he decided to spare me the agonizing minute of eternity. Well, that aside the trip was easy and I delved in and YES A DRAGON TYPE CHARMELEON. I feel lucky today. Kyukyu's Poisonpowder and Clamp strategy worked perfectly and after a few balls we had ourself a new partner. ...names names names names...umm...Let's go for the slightly cliche with a redundant twist - Blazar. I think that works.

2r56ezt.png

13) ...I'm starting to get worried about how many of my Pokemon are Fighting type. One swoop of a Flying or Psychic type and we're doomed. Blazar's Light Screen might help. He's a bit low level too so I'll have to watch him, but the catch was worth it.

2e1hz85.png

14) I decided to peek into the forest to grab one more training buddy - who is hopefully NOT a Fighting type, no offense Kyukyu and Pals - and I come across a Psyduck that appears to be Psychic. Yes! I go for the usual strategy, and I'm shouting out orders, super excited about a new catch and... KYUKYU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. NO. BAD KYUKYU. AGHHHHHHHHH FFFFUUUUUUUUU THE NEXT GRASS IS IN PEWTER GAAAAHHHHH. Brock better not have Flying and Psychic, or I'll go over there and punch him myself, concious Pokemon or not! ...I need to train, I have a forest of trainers and a Gym ahead of me.

OMAKE:
Sven: So Nidorina is KO'd, Hitmonchan is sick, and Oddish is hot...? How is an Oddish hot?
*later*
IT'S HOT BECAUSE IT'S PINK OHHHHHHH
AND THAT'S WHY LENARD PICKED IT HE LIKES HOT CHICKS OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AND THUS ENDS A DAY IN THE LIFE OF FIGHTING-MAGNET SVEN AND HIS KYUKYU
Wow he's a jerk. Ish.
So yeah, imma grind and maybe screenshot if a Pokemon dies, when we're done training if something cool has happened, and when the battles begin.

NEXT EPISODE:
DRAMA
DESPAIR
BAG PATCHERS
AND ARTICUNOS THAT SHINAMI FORGOT TO SCREENSHOT
WILL SVEN SURVIVE THE FOREST WITH HIS REALLY WEAK CHARMELEON THAT KNOWS NOTHING DECENT...?!?!?!
WILL SHINAMI ACTUALLY GET TO THE GYM?!?!?!?!?!?!
TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So you have no idea what type the other Pokemon are? That's gotta make gym leaders difficult. :P