Silent utau when i try to play a ust

peap0dss

Momo's Minion
Hi, im new to utau and don't understand it very well.

My utau has been completely silent when i try to play usts but when i newly inserted notes it plays, how can i fix this?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is there any noticeable difference in the UST's notes vs the new notes? It might be a voicebank thing where it simply doesn't have the samples required in the UST.

So uh, what UTAU and UST are you using?

peap0dss

Momo's Minion
Is there any noticeable difference in the UST's notes vs the new notes? It might be a voicebank thing where it simply doesn't have the samples required in the UST.

So uh, what UTAU and UST are you using?
not that i can see, im using the amzsie daisy bell ust and the friday night funkin mom utau. ive tried it with teto too but the only voicebank that seems to work is uta's. none of the voicebanks that i dowload are able to sing the usts i put in

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
not that i can see, im using the amzsie daisy bell ust and the friday night funkin mom utau. ive tried it with teto too but the only voicebank that seems to work is uta's. none of the voicebanks that i dowload are able to sing the usts i put in
It might be that the ust is real funky, funkier than friday night funkin, could I have a link to that ust so I could take a look at it?

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Took me a while since I had to set up my presamp+moresampler again, but this is what I managed to catch:

Using the Teto English voicebank, I got the UST to play... Ish. My suspicion is that your UTAUs of choice simply lack the samples needed to play it, as can be easily demonstrated if you were to try to have an unmodified Defoko try to do something like '- geI'. Teto's English can do '- geI', but not Defoko.

Teto's English could sing some of the song, but some notes she just went mute on, because she didn't have it in her memory, how that sounded.

My best remedy for this is DIY, using the original UST to help with the notes.

Heck, any cover I'd do I'd build from scratch because I am very stubborn.

And deities forbid you try to make any ol' utau do Æ, Ø, or Å sounds, as a majority of the voice donors have no idea how to do it themselves.