Simlish reclist

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
I can help! (English is definitely similar to simlish so it could be easy)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I didn't really want to repeat myself, but I have to for the sake of having it on this thread.

To write a reclist, you need the phonology and phonotactics of a language. That's the sounds, and the rules for putting the sounds together. That's all you need. No need to learn the grammar and the sentence structure and the writing system or anything. UTAU is all about the sound.

Simlish is gibberish written based on the phonology and phonotactics of English. This means that, essentially, the reclist would be identical to an english reclist. There really is no point in trying to write one. One could argue that the english reclist itself is already in Simlish, because for the most part it IS gibberish syllables arranged according to the rules of English sounds.

That's not to say it's impossible to do anything Simlish with UTAU. You can still make simlish songs and covers, but half of the work is already done for you: You just need to make/use an English UTAU. Here's a page from the Sims wiki with a list of songs. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Songs_in_Simlish

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
I didn't really want to repeat myself, but I have to for the sake of having it on this thread.

To write a reclist, you need the phonology and phonotactics of a language. That's the sounds, and the rules for putting the sounds together. That's all you need. No need to learn the grammar and the sentence structure and the writing system or anything. UTAU is all about the sound.

Simlish is gibberish written based on the phonology and phonotactics of English. This means that, essentially, the reclist would be identical to an english reclist. There really is no point in trying to write one. One could argue that the english reclist itself is already in Simlish, because for the most part it IS gibberish syllables arranged according to the rules of English sounds.

That's not to say it's impossible to do anything Simlish with UTAU. You can still make simlish songs and covers, but half of the work is already done for you: You just need to make/use an English UTAU. Here's a page from the Sims wiki with a list of songs. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Songs_in_Simlish
Just because the language is basically English doesn't mean we can't make a reclist for a fictional language for the fun of it. If I were to cover a song in a lanuage I'd rather use a voicebank MADE FOR THAT LANGUAGE, fictional or not.

Reactions: Nanika

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
But, like, it uses all the same sounds and phonological patterns of English. Like, literally.

Seeing as it's a "CVVC" "language" anyways, it's literally impossible to write VCV for it (would break the oto limit) and CV wouldn't account for any ending consonants in the first place.

An English reclist IS a Simlish reclist. It's just a cipher.