Singling People Out

deactivated

Teto's Territory
We do it, because

-it creates a fun discussion
-we are bored
-utaforum is dead (mostly from the moves, a LOOOT of people left)
-there is nothing else to discuss

And really. This is probably in the wrong section anyways.

We should single people out in a good way.

Like, discuss people doing GOOD, rather than looking for something bad?

idk. Just food for thought.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
"Fun discussion"
More like
"Drama"

There is plenty to discuss. Utaforum is hardly dead. There's really no need for singling people out, good or otherwise.

To me, at least, there is very little point to making a topic that just says "X is awesome!". Where is room for discussion on that? If anything it invites unneeded debate.
If you want to say someone's awesome, make the thread like "People who are good at tuning!" or something else that allows expansion into full fledged discussion, while also allowing you to point out that person in your additions to that topic.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I agree with Halo, there's enough drama in this fandom, no need to take the risk of adding oil on flame -sorry if I poorly translated this expression by myself- in the case where this kind of topics would degenerate as we could see once with a ceeeeertain thread about popularity (though that didn't surprise me and I felt by just looking at who posted it, it'd turn into a monstruous fight in the next five seconds)

I also agree about the way to formulate it, or also like "What are your favourite UTAU users" or something similar, a bit like we do for favourite producers, Vocaloids, UTAUloids etc...

After if people moved on, it was probably because they can barely find enough time to go on it or work with UTAU? Don't forget there are adults with a job (and family), young adults still studying and so do teenagers, and same case for children with school. With probably priorities that avoid them to spend their time on working with the program.
Then it'd be maybe because beginning conflicts isn't a good idea to keep people at ease in my opinion....

So well, in a nutshell, even if discussing about people in a good way could be nice, I don't think it's still a judicious idea because there's a risk it would degenerate quickly and turn into a big drama if not done well. Thus, I don't really get the exact point of this idea and thread

And pass then for a victim once you got tomatoes in the face but after, that only engages my own mind

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sparrow link said:
*Fuel to the fire

It's okay, English is dumb as ****, sometimes.

There we go :3 <s>That's okay I make typos like that all the ding dong time and it annoys me...</s>

ANYWAY....on to the discussion at hand. Even if a topic was made like "People who are awesome at tuning!" I could go in there and say who my favorite tuner is but there will always be that chance that someone will come in and say something along the lines of "You're joking right? Their tuning sucks! Everytime they make a cover they make the voice sound like it's whining and completely off pitch!"

Because on the pessimistic side of the coin, for every few people that like what someone does, there's always that one person who loathes it for whatever reason and will do whatever they can to make sure people know it. So even with topics like that you'd be walking on thin ice. I think the difference between talking about our favorite Vocaloids or our favorite producers and say our favorite tuners or UTAU users is that with UTAU users, especially overseas wise, there is a higher chance that they will actually see what is being said about them, or someone who has a close connection will see it.

And if something rude is said they can come on and try to defend themselves and it goes from there. Even if all they say is "Sorry, you don't like me or what I do doesn't make you happy." drama can still start because it's looked at as being a snarky response.

I feel like it'd be easier to diffuse a situation between a fan and non-fan than it is between a non-fan and the actual user.

And on the "UF is dead" bit...this isn't a chatroom where people are expected to reply within five seconds. Sometimes they do but not all the time. Just because a topic gets started and no one responds for a few hours or even a few days it doesn't mean the place is dead. When someone makes a topic we expect that it's still going to be there when we wake up in the morning the next day. It isn't going anywhere. So as such we can and often do take our time in responding and there's no hurry which is why it may seem "dead" to some.

Angel

Momo's Minion
I don't think it's a good idea because people can easily get hurt, and I don't want to see some people says just because one of us said something that may be taken in the wrong way.

Singling people out will just spark more arguments and the person who's singled could get really hurt. I don't want to sound like I'm over-reacting but they may even quit..

It's best we have more open discussions to avoid things like that.