Slow resampler rendering

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
posted this on VO but I seriously need help

Lately, I've been having issues with the resampler.
Some .usts it would speed by as usual, but with some most, it'll be terribly slow.

I have resampler.dll unchecked. I use the M4 engine update [but use the regular resampler].
I haven't made any recent changes to the UTAU program. I have more than adequate RAM and space.
I've tried deleting the cache, renaming the file, etc. to no avail.

I have no idea why it started doing this so suddenly, and only for a select few .usts.
Please help me! Thank you.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Re: Slow cmd.exe rendering

Check if there's a capital G flag anywhere, as that might be what's causing the .ust to render very slowly.
For future reference, G causes the .frq of every selected note to re-render before play.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko

Regarding "cmd.exe"
The black box is literally "resampler.exe" and I suggest you call it that to clear stuff up u vu;;

Do you use the resampler patcher? You should, it'll speed everything up a little. It's easy enough to find via YT or Google

But yeah, if it's just a few select USTs, it's probably the flags on the UST somewhere.

Skeyi

Teto's Territory

It does this for any .ust, regardless of the flags.
I've checked for the G flag.

And I do use the resampler patcher.
No avail; it's the one that's causing it, too.
> A <

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
That's my problem...
> A <;;
it's the same for all banks. I think it's the program itself?!
But I'd rather keep uninstalling/reinstalling as a last effort.

EDIT:
Uninstalled and reinstalled, and the speed isn't any better...
0 A 0;;

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Does the UST have more breath? no mod 0?

Longer notes generally render a lot slower than short ones too. USTs with lots of really short notes will render quickly while long notes might take a while, even with absolutely nothing on them.

even a lot of pitching, vibrato, this makes notes take longer to render (most noticeable on fresamp, I dont have M4 but if they're at all similar than it should be the same idea.)

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
Princess Aleks link said:
Does the UST have more breath? no mod 0?

Longer notes generally render a lot slower than short ones too. USTs with lots of really short notes will render quickly while long notes might take a while, even with absolutely nothing on them.

even a lot of pitching, vibrato, this makes notes take longer to render (most noticeable on fresamp, I dont have M4 but if they're at all similar than it should be the same idea.)
No flags or anything at all.

Yep, I'm aware of that as I've been using UTAU for a few years now.
The slowness occurs regardless of length, hiragana or romaji, voicebank, flags, effects, mod, bre, etc.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
M4 uses a different frequency mapping file type, so it's probably remapping the frequency of the files.
Not sure how you got the M4 engine though since it was in closed beta and released to very few people. It's best to not use it.

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
Dojan link said:
M4 uses a different frequency mapping file type, so it's probably remapping the frequency of the files.
Not sure how you got the M4 engine though since it was in closed beta and released to very few people. It's best to not use it.
No, even without M4 - this literally applies to every resampler I have.
And I'm 19 - I applied to test out the M4 last year and was accepted.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
are you able to see what it's doing, at all? If it's re-mapping, for example, that has a distinctive look, right? :uhm:

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
Kit Wistful link said:
are you able to see what it's doing, at all? If it's re-mapping, for example, that has a distinctive look, right? :uhm:
Ah, yep.
But it looks exactly the same as it should, just a lot slower.
> A <