So what kind of websites would you guys be interested in?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yo, just your local douche here.
As like 5 people know I run a community website for vocal synth users. (which is down as we move to a new host)

I'm creating this thread (in the totally wrong board mind you) because I'm curious what kind of things you guys are interested in.
Like sure we have sites like UtaForum and VocaloidOtaku but these are forums and there are so many other things that are...well... not forums.

I'm taking ideas because for obvious reasons.

No idea is a bad one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mougeki Mero

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Potential ideas I've seen so far, on no particular order:
  • Vocal synth original radio
  • Voicebank download service
  • VoIP chat
  • "various game servers"
I'm not going to go into detail on if any of your ideas are practical/possible right now. I may do that after but I don't want to spoil anything now. Once there are more suggestions I'll discuss a few thinks here and then talk it out with a few people and decide what we will do from then on in.

Last edited:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
You're talking about vocalsocial right? I think it's a really good idea myself. Maybe you should try to advertise it more, give it a push to help get it started.

As for making another site, I personally don't think that would be wise, because then your resources are spread across several sites, rather than focused on one. So go ahead and promote VS, and possibly ask about what would make that a better Web site vs. asking for ideas for an entirely new one.

Ideas I can think of for vocalsocial off the top of my head would be :
you beat me to it. Music streaming of songs, and a voice bank sharing thing. Maybe a UST sharing section that could actually preview what the ust would look like? Or better yet, a desktop application that has the voice bank sharing and ust sharing features in question, that would be awesome.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
I don't think he's looking to make a new site; it seems he's more focused on how to make VSS more appealing to people.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't think he's looking to make a new site; it seems he's more focused on how to make VSS more appealing to people.
Well actually more just separate services, I'm not adding anything on top of VSS directly because that would be a total mess.
More filtered news feed maybe?
your dashboard contains all the posts for the spaces you follow or are a mem(e)ber of. You can disable dashboard posts under the gear icon in the spaces of your choosing.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Potential ideas I've seen so far, on no particular order:
  • Vocal synth original radio
  • Voicebank download service
  • VoIP chat
  • "various game servers"
I'm not going to go into detail on if any of your ideas are practical/possible right now. I may do that after but I don't want to spoil anything now. Once there are more suggestions I'll discuss a few thinks here and then talk it out with a few people and decide what we will do from then on in.

I like all those (IDK what you mean by the game servers, but anyway).

Just another idea: I saw some japanese websites with a really cool feature: an online mini UTAU, where there is an small piano board that you can click and play Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si, Do. This way you could see samples of UTAU voices in an interactive way. We could use UTAU and other synth, obviously, just not UTAU.

I want to find some of those websites to show you. It is really funny tbh

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That's outside of what I can offer, sorry.

And by game server I mean like multiplayer servers, since people like those. //shrugs.

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nnnnnnnn....
that's not what I had in mind.

Currently approved ideas:
  • Vocal synth original radio featuring western producers.
    • Producers sign up to have their songs featured
    • snipped "radio versions" are allowed
    • tag information will link to where the song can be bought.
    • Producers may be asked if they would like to include their song.
  • Weekend anon chat, where people can just kinda hang without knowing who is who.
    • chat is deleted after the weekend (volatile, nothing is stored)
    • user accounts are removed as well to keep users anonymous.
    • features text and possible voice (with the risk of letting people know who you are)
  • 1 Anarchy Minecraft server so far has been approved but is not vocal synth community exclusive.
    • Dynamine Online Anarchist server.
    • No rules*, no moderation, no commands, hacks allowed.
    • may feature resource packs and/or vanilla mods.
    • Requires a Mojang account (not cracked)
Potentially Approved:
  • Mumble chat server
    • Chat using Mumble VoIP
    • clear voice that isn't buggy and laggy like Skype
    • anyone can join
  • Upgraded version of VocalSynth.Space
    • additional paid features
    • possibility of SMS support if requested enough
  • Team Fortress 2 Server
In need of input:
  • Voicebank sharing service
    • what it entails
    • mediafire/mega style or catalog**
    • Direct download or via torrents
    • storage size and allowances.
More information will be made available once possible and requested.
There are some additional practicalities and suck that may need to be considered for any of these to pull through, so please keep this in mind. Thanks.

*no excessive swearing or any racial remarks. no spamming the chat
**catalog style may prevent users from uploading banks on their own and reduce the quantity in which banks may be listed.

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
tbh if there is any VB sharing service, I want a torrent like system. simple and easy. torrents are small and easy to download, but the implications with seeding and such... storage size should max at like 5 gb or something, some people don't go over 1 gb. mega style download would be easiest for sharing, but a catalog system would be great for browsing for new VBs to use.

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think maybe a podcast or something culd be successful if done right and maybe interviews with vocaloid users/voice providers would be neat

maybe something broadcasting a cover of the day, idk

not sure what you can do with these ideas but XD

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
tbh if there is any VB sharing service, I want a torrent like system. simple and easy. torrents are small and easy to download, but the implications with seeding and such... storage size should max at like 5 gb or something, some people don't go over 1 gb. mega style download would be easiest for sharing, but a catalog system would be great for browsing for new VBs to use.
A torrent style system would inherently be able to be catalogued, which is easy. If it means anything, some torrents will be stored locally so they don't die. But as long as users seed then all the downloads should be fine.
I think maybe a podcast or something culd be successful if done right and maybe interviews with vocaloid users/voice providers would be neat

maybe something broadcasting a cover of the day, idk

not sure what you can do with these ideas but XD
Interviews will be considered.

Covers will not be a thing unless it's part of a remix, this would be for original works only.

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Nnnnnnnn....
that's not what I had in mind.

Currently approved ideas:
  • Vocal synth original radio featuring western producers.
    • Producers sign up to have their songs featured
    • snipped "radio versions" are allowed
    • tag information will link to where the song can be bought.
    • Producers may be asked if they would like to include their song.
  • Weekend anon chat, where people can just kinda hang without knowing who is who.
    • chat is deleted after the weekend (volatile, nothing is stored)
    • user accounts are removed as well to keep users anonymous.
    • features text and possible voice (with the risk of letting people know who you are)
  • 1 Anarchy Minecraft server so far has been approved but is not vocal synth community exclusive.
    • Dynamine Online Anarchist server.
    • No rules*, no moderation, no commands, hacks allowed.
    • may feature resource packs and/or vanilla mods.
    • Requires a Mojang account (not cracked)
Potentially Approved:
  • Mumble chat server
    • Chat using Mumble VoIP
    • clear voice that isn't buggy and laggy like Skype
    • anyone can join
  • Upgraded version of VocalSynth.Space
    • additional paid features
    • possibility of SMS support if requested enough
  • Team Fortress 2 Server
In need of input:
  • Voicebank sharing service
    • what it entails
    • mediafire/mega style or catalog**
    • Direct download or via torrents
    • storage size and allowances.
More information will be made available once possible and requested.
There are some additional practicalities and suck that may need to be considered for any of these to pull through, so please keep this in mind. Thanks.

*no excessive swearing or any racial remarks. no spamming the chat
**catalog style may prevent users from uploading banks on their own and reduce the quantity in which banks may be listed.

Oh, yeah that's probably a better idea lel