[SOLVED]Can't generate .frq & weird .wav file?

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
Yesterday, i was recording some samples with my headphone mic in Audacity. Then i generated their frq files in UTAU but it seems like nothing has changed, no orange line in the oto editor and i can't click the 'edit .frq map' button..
Not only that, the samples are having very large waveform in oto editor, whereas they look normal in Audacity like this

to this

I tried to find out what's wrong and i found my samples were in stereo, so i turned them to mono and reduce some bg noise..But it doesn't help and the waveform still very large

Is there someone who can help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are you sure that you saved the .wav files as 16bit, it them are not saved as 16 bit, it don't work.

Also did you test your microphone and it's settings before starting to record (not sounding too quiet/loud etc)?

Reactions: Cola-notPro

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
Are you sure that you saved the .wav files as 16bit, it them are not saved as 16 bit, it don't work.

Also did you test your microphone and it's settings before starting to record (not sounding too quiet/loud etc)?
16bit....Ah, apparently i didn't save it 16bit! I've changed it and now it works. Thank you for have solved my problem^^
I've tested my mic and with a method that produces less noise background...Eventhough it's pretty quiet, it sounds much better

But yes, thanks once again!
This thread can be marked as 'solved'

Reactions: Nohkara

Cola-notPro

Momo's Minion
Thank you Nohkara! It's 2023 now but I was having the same problem. Glad to know the problem is so easy to fix! I was already wondering if I had to reinstall UTAU all over again. Thanks a bunch!