Some question about vcv

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
Hello everyone
to be honest i would like to try vcv but i m kind of lost about certain thing ?
i seen the there are lost different typ eof recording like 5-mora or 7-mora but i would like to know what would be the easiest for a first time ?
i have also kind of tendency to get really softer when i m out of breath whn i tried to record ny advice fr that?
i seen the some people do copy paste an oto ini but i find hard do have all my sample start at same time ?
maybe i should do the oto myself ?

i probably have only these question for now but thanks for answering

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There are multiple recording lists, or reclists, available for VCV.
If you tend to run out of breath, then I would advise using a reclist with less mora (less syllables). That way, it'll be easier to sustain your voice with a consistent tone throughout the whole string. If you push yourself to record too many mora at once, then the syllables at the beginning will sound strong and the ones at the end will sound soft.
Here's an edited version of Insanity Basics that has a maximum of 5 mora per string: https://pastebin.com/9jRGixvy
This reclist contains all the necessary VCV combinations for only the main syllables in Japanese. If you would like extra samples (such as si, zi, tu, du, etc.) then you can ask me for a custom reclist. I can also rewrite this list in Romaji if it's easier for you to read.

I would highly recommend using OREMO to record. There is a guideBGM feature that will help you record every sample with the same timing and at the same pitch. You can then generate a base OTO using a feature built into OREMO, or with other generators such as Moresampler. This will give you a useable loose fit, and you can already start using your voicebank and testing it out. For the best results, you should do the final tweaks by hand.

Reactions: WinterdrivE

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
Thanks you for answering this really helpfull
that exactly what happen first one are good but the become drown kind of
no need to rewrite it in romaji hiragana is easy to readf but i find the ti si zi du tu quite usefull in japanese though for loanword i think i would ask you a reclist if you don't mind ( i think only of these sound would be usefull i think ?)
i do use oremo but i m on mac though

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i ll look at the link you posted

i guess for extra sample problably the one most used in japanese (ti si zi du tu) maybe v sound but it's not really use so i don't know
but not english sound because is japanese vb

what user thend to use as extra sound in general (beside these one i mean ) ?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Common extras are:
si zi she je ti tu che di du fa fi fe fo ye wi we
Sometimes I also throw in things like "ts" samples, dz, kye/nye/etc. L, V, th/dh

If you go to my requests thread (linked in my signature below) then you can see what other people have requested before.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i looked at your thread
i think si zi she je ti tu che di du fa fi fe fo ye wi we and v would be best for me

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
thank you can i show it when have i done it ?
i can kind of record everything but i was thinking i have have some sound that start earlier the other it s not too bad ?
maybe i need to change offset ? i think i m going just to record everything first should be better maybe ?

also sorry i made a lot of typo

also do you think wine window utau and utau synth i can can use both but whats the difference ? i only use utau synth before

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The exact timing of the samples doesn't actually matter that much, since the OTO can always be adjusted to fit more properly. Having things line up in a consistent way just make it easier to automatically generate an OTO that's close to where it should be.

In the Windows version of UTAU, it's possible to use plugins for editing the UST and different resamplers (rendering engines). OTOs are saved as "oto.ini" in Shift-JIS on Windows and "oto_ini.txt" in UTF-8 on Mac. There's also other smaller differences.