Sounds that interfere with recording.

P

partial

What gets in your way?

I prefer to record at night or very early morning. My problem sound is the trains that go by right behind (no, really, /right behind/) my house.

Reactions: lunari162

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
Since i moved to a new house, my main problem is the busy road...Especially on morning and evening.
So the best time for me to record is late night when my family isn't home

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I live on a busy street, but I record on the other side of my room to avoid the cars. My main issue is that I get nervous, wondering if my neighbors (who I still don't know after nearly a year) can hear me. They also have kids that are really loud when they're playing outside, but it's justified.

I usually record during the day/evening. Screaming late at night isn't going to work for me. :sing:

Reactions: partial

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
I have to record in my dad's man cave the basement, right under where the livingroom is, and my sister sounds like she's stomping when she walks. When she and everyone else isn't walking around then I don't really have any problems recording. There's some noise from the vents and stuff but that can be removed from the recordings pretty easily anyways.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Back when I used to live and record at my mom's house, my main problem was any cars that happened to drive past the road that was close to the house and also any noises that would come from the living room or the bedroom next to my room, considering the walls weren't all that thick.

Now that I live alone and have access to a proper recording "studio" at my school where I do all of my recording nowadays, the only main problems I have are sounds that I accidentally make or people that come in during recording. :uhuhu:

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
My family chatting from the outside. They don't really respect me while I'm recording, especially my brothers, who oddly give my sister space when she records but not me for some reason. That and construction vehicles outside, since I nowadays record whenever my siblings are at school/work.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have a gaming PC, which has large fans that are quite loud. This noise is always in the background of anything I record.

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I live right by an airport.. Like, I can hear everything from the announcements to take off and landings close. So uh.... yah.... (lets not forget 14 nieces and nephews that come over every flippin weekend...)

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I took up using this stuff because I can't find good time to record a vocal. I came here to paraphrase an important tip.

If you know your microphone's pickup pattern well, you don't need dead silence to record.

The first step is to point your microphone at the thing you want to pick up. For most of you, that's the corner of your mouth.

The second step is, don't point the microphone at things you don't want to pick up.

If you know your microphone's pattern well, you can make a point to be sure that the stuff you don't want in your recording is in the dark spots your mic can't pick up well. This is more important than getting your source on axis.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
for me it's always a low frequency vibration that gets into my recordings, but depending on your voice you can probably eq that out.

other than that it's often doors slamming, loud tvs, etc. I got so fed up that I had to build a recording booth.

no matter how you angle a mic, the room will still reflect and direct the sound into the mic one way or another, but facing the mic away will at least reduce it.

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
one word;
bork

also, i don't have an ac so i have to record everything without my fan turned on in 29 celcius (which i personally find hot)

Reactions: wobinbug

AykadUTAU

Momo's Minion
Mainly construction work right outside of my room's window since I live in a suburb where there are many empty plots of land where houses are expected to be built.