Strong vs Kire Whats the difference?

MintyR

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Can someone explain to me what the difference between a strong bank and a kire? back when I first started UTAU (around 2013 lol) strong banks were a thing but I still don't know what's the difference between kire and strong explain please

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Strong banks are usually how strong the bank sound aka the tone of the voice some strong banks go by confident, whilst kire is rising from a soft pitch to a loud sometimes "screamy" pitch. If you take Ritsu's Strong vs Kire his Kire goes from his soft A3 pitch to his strong C5 the pitches get stronger every so often, take a look at his strong it's a cut of Kire the two middle pitches, this bank maintains a strong sense as it's not whispery/soft as his normal.

MintyR

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Strong banks are usually how strong the bank sound aka the tone of the voice some strong banks go by confident, whilst kire is rising from a soft pitch to a loud sometimes "screamy" pitch. If you take Ritsu's Strong vs Kire his Kire goes from his soft A3 pitch to his strong C5 the pitches get stronger every so often, take a look at his strong it's a cut of Kire the two middle pitches, this bank maintains a strong sense as it's not whispery/soft as his normal.
thanks for clearing that up for me :smile:

Aurum79

Teto's Territory
I'd also say strong banks sound 'solid' and bold, but kire banks are on the territory of actually shouting or yelling, the kind of 'belting' when you're singing.
Softer UTAUs may need a strong append, but already-strong voices don't and don't call themselves strong banks, but both could have a kire append to expand their tone. Or at least, that's how I think of it?

MintyR

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'd also say strong banks sound 'solid' and bold, but kire banks are on the territory of actually shouting or yelling, the kind of 'belting' when you're singing.
Softer UTAU may need a strong append, but already-strong voices don't and don't call themselves strong banks, but both could have a kire append to expand their tone. Or at least, that's how I think of it?
going off what you said about softer UTAU needing one Niwa might need one because her voice is quite the soft one ^^;

Reactions: Aurum79