[♠ ♥ ♣ ♦] SUiT Project [22/06] [Utau Completion Deadline!]

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
Re: [♠ ♥ ♣ ♦] SUiT Project [06/03] New Announcement!

smeen link said:
Oh dear... I'll be the Jack of Hearts then, is that alright with you?

Yep, that's fine :smile: Added~

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko

Awww, I'm sorry smeen :c

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians

Username: Zelfie Windwalker
Slot: ♣I
Extra Skills: Artist. I can translate a little Japanese but that's best left to someone who's fluent.

Ranun

Teto's Territory

Sounds cool, I think I'll join~

Username: Ranun
Slot: ♣XII
Extra Skills: Artist.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Zelfie Windwalker link said:
Username: Zelfie Windwalker
Slot: ♣I
Extra Skills: Artist. I can translate a little Japanese but that's best left to someone who's fluent.
Added :smile:
Ranun link said:
Sounds cool, I think I'll join~

Username: Ranun
Slot: ♣XII
Extra Skills: Artist.
Added :smile:

Ranun

Teto's Territory

Oh, I've got a question. Is the deadline (April 1st) only for the design or design and voice? Just wondering.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Ranun link said:
Oh, I've got a question. Is the deadline (April 1st) only for the design or design and voice? Just wondering.

Itll be a while before we get to voices, haha :smile:
Its not a deadline for the official design, but just a draft or an idea in your head~
After we hit that deadline, I'll then give you all more time to then refine, improve and alter that idea.
I don't want to rush this project you see ;u;.
However if I receive everyone's design ideas before that date, the project will speed up a little and I can make the next deadline quicker. All in all, its pretty flexible. The deadline is just there to keep everyone at a steady pace so they don't feel rushed, as well as structure the project. :smile: So if everyone is meeting deadlines before they occur, we will end up going faster, but I don't want to force that.

Ranun

Teto's Territory

Okay, thank you. ^^
I didn't mean a real "deadline" lol. XD I didn't know how to say it. c:
I think it's good that the project is going in small steps, that keeps everything in order, no one gets confused and we have plenty of time to finish the designs/banks/whatever. For example, I can only record wednesdays when I've got some time, so it'd take a while to create a bank and figure out a fitting voice anyways.

Oh no, a new question just popped into my head. XD Do the Ace/Queen/Jack/King have different roles or something or is it just like a title? (Sorry for bothering you ;A:wink:

I'm looking forward to this project :3

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Ranun link said:
Okay, thank you. ^^
I didn't mean a real \"deadline\" lol. XD I didn't know how to say it. c:
I think it's good that the project is going in small steps, that keeps everything in order, no one gets confused and we have plenty of time to finish the designs/banks/whatever. For example, I can only record wednesdays when I've got some time, so it'd take a while to create a bank and figure out a fitting voice anyways.

Oh no, a new question just popped into my head. XD Do the Ace/Queen/Jack/King have different roles or something or is it just like a title? (Sorry for bothering you ;A:wink:

I'm looking forward to this project :3

Oh xD, and yup, Real life is busy. I myself only have a limited amount of free time with all my college work~ I regret taking academic courses, they're so boring ;A; and they take up so much time.

The Ace/King/Queen/Jack/King don't really serve different roles in the project so far, although they can be perceived differently depending on what influences the creator; Such as  traditional ideas such as kings being rulers, and jacks/knaves being knights of some kind. Some card games have certain cards serving different purposes -due to the folklore held by each card. Also, all the King, Queen, Jack cards are associated with mythical or historical heroes and heroines. Aces are the first cards in the deck and some times have a different design. It''s really just up to how you perceive your card. Everyone will perceive their card differently, and that will lead to interesting and unique ideas :smile: We may associate different roles to them once we start making original songs, but we will make many different songs (and each UTAU may play a different role in each song).

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I also had a question. What are we going to name them? Is there like a theme we should follow, or will their names just be Queen of Hearts or something?

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

Fawkesy link said:
I also had a question. What are we going to name them? Is there like a theme we should follow, or will their names just be Queen of Hearts or something?

Their suit name is a more title-like name, so you're still free to name them! It'd be awesome if your name reflects something about the Utau's character or personality, it would have more meaning. I don't really mind how you name your Utau, as long as there's a reason, or it's symbolic of something -it's your freedom :smile: I'd just refrain from stuff like adding -ne because popular Utaus & Vocaloids have it, or naming it after your favorite characters in anime and etc. I advise looking through an online baby naming dictionary or something, it'll really inspire you with names. Or (If the name is Japanese) you can play around with naming kanjis that reflect things about the Utau :smile:

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko

sorry to ask another question ; w ;
is it okay that i post an outline without color to get opinions? I don't want to get all super detailed into something that is not very much liked :uhuhu:

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

TheSnowSongstress link said:
is it okay that i post an outline without color to get opinions? I don't want to get all super detailed into something that is not very much liked :uhuhu:

That's what we're here for :smile:! Feel free to post anything you do at any time~
I'm sure everyone won't mind helping each other out :smile:

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko

Sylphique link said:
[quote author=TheSnowSongstress link=topic=784.msg5196#msg5196 date=1331168114]

That's what we're here for :smile:! Feel free to post anything you do at any time~
I'm sure everyone won't mind helping each other out :smile:
[/quote]also, i hate to ask this, but would it be alright if the queen of spade's design had a tad bit of color splash in her design? I have a few tiny gems
(on gloves, crown, top, belt, and boots), and i really hope that using a dark color would be alright. Nothing bright like a ruby, maybe something deep colored, just enough to see something?

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I also wanted to put some color into mine. I was thinking white, red, black, and some gold-ish stuff.~

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko

Fawkesy link said:
I also wanted to put some color into mine. I was thinking white, red, black, and some gold-ish stuff.~
that sounds sexy. especially since i saw your sexy of your 2 designs
yeah baby i want that <3

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion

Here. I have my baby all ready :smile:

[hs width=300 height=400]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/067/1/c/cupan_redd_by_invadernere-d4s60gw.png[/hs]
Name: Cupán* Redd
Species: Faun
Standing: ♦XI
Personality: Cupán is very emotionally detached when it comes to social interactions, despite being a merchant. He believes in Fate very much and bases almost all of his menial decisions on the flip of a coin. He loves money but is not all that frugal. In fact, he spends money almost as soon as he gets it. He just enjoys the feel and smell of the metals.
*"cup" in Irish

Any comments? Ideas? Developmental/artistic flaws? Please share.

James

Momo's Minion

I'm thinking of naming my UTAUloid Yaki, because it means "Precious, expensive" and it kind of fits with the King of Diamonds. I'm unsure about his surname, though.

Also he's the clearest VBs I've ever recorded.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

@Illisandria Carthain, Oh wow, he's a faun! He looks quite lovely, actually. (Altough I would've given him poofy pants xD)

I have a sketch here, I'll need to scan it to show you my current ideas... (After I changed his symbol to a heart instead of a spade...) I dunno about his name or personality yet, but my sister calls him a 'seme'. I wonder how that'll work, I can't draw manly men at all.