Taking a hiatus

JVウタウ

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello! Um, let me explain my story first...

Last summer, I was merely a casual Vocaloid fan listening to Vocaloid songs and reading up on vocal synthesizers. One day, however, I learned how to use UTAU, and that moment changed my life quite a bit.

I eventually entered school last June (which is the start of the school year where I live), and after doing homework I did quick tuning tests, whipped out an occasional cover, etc. I was pretty active in the community too, and even got to work on making an original (a sample of which can be heard on SoundCloud). Around August, though, school had started to become so demanding. Requirements had piled up so bad. I remember a day some weeks ago when I slept at 4:30 in the morning to finish a project - and I had to be in school by 8 AM that same day to pass that project.

That isn't directly the reason why I'm taking the hiatus though, while it's very stressful I've been in situations like this before (if not in this magnitude) due to me being an honor student and expected to be near the top of the class. My passion for music, and my enjoying UTAU in particular, were distracting me. I just want to do something fun, but I'm afraid of it becoming a hindrance. I have to do something about it. After reading AOi's post on taking a hiatus due to school, I decided to consider it, and I eventually decided on it. I'm taking a short hiatus and abstaining from any UTAU activities or involvement in the community in order to focus on meeting both deadlines and standards.

The hiatus will take place throughout the whole month of October and maybe some part of November. If circumstances dictate (since the second semester will start by then), I might even extend it to around December. (It hasn't started yet at time of writing) I think I'm overly dramatizing and making such a long post for such a short hiatus, but I felt like explaining it all. I'll drop by occasionally, probably on my birthday, but I won't be involved to the point of checking-Chatbox-and-Skype every day or making-progress-on-my-stuff. (I will still work on some projects if there's free time, those that are currently ongoing...)

I'll be back though, I'll guarantee you that! See you! Now back to preparing a presentation for tomorrow...

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Good choice! Hope school goes good for you, that the hiatus does you some peace and quiet, and you come back to us soon. Godspeed!

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
It's good to make school a priority. Hope you do well, and see you until next time!

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@JV
Work hard, and enjoy your break and use your rime wisely. Bye, and see you soon.

JVウタウ

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OMG what happened to my hiatus I'm still sticking around
Um, I guess I'll stay for a little while more or at least until I submit my song to the Miku Expo contest? OTL
And, by the way, my new avatar is actually based on promotional art I made for said original!

JVウタウ

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So much for my overly dramatic letter lol.
After submitting the Miku Expo song, and after my birthday passes on October 11, I will officially start my hiatus.
Thank you to those who have noticed me!