Teki Souzoune VCV 1.0 (showcase covers)

Discussion in 'Song Covers' started by CometStre, Dec 23, 2018.

1. CometStre

CometStre Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    I was asked to voice this girl back in July and after basically the entire semester and part of my winter break, I've finished her first VCV bank! The bank contains a core, natural sounding pitch, a whisper pitch, and a strong, enunciated pitch.

As far as testing goes, I'll ask her owner if she doesn't mind that I post her download link so that she can be tested, but otherwise I think I will just be compiling songs to showcase her, as I don't think I'll ever go through making an official demo reel video for her.

Each of her expression's has a slightly different design used to easier denote them, and the 1.1 version of her bank will include these in a folder so that you can use them for covers or as a reference for your own art! Things thus far that I know will need to be fixed are that I need to edit some aliasing in her core bank, as that was done back in September, and I will work on re-recording strings that have problems as they get tested more.

Core bank: a sweet, youthful female voice
    Whisper bank: a whispering, hesitant female voice
    Loud bank: a slightly nasal and enunciated female voice

As far as criticism goes, I have a fair amount of notes that I've made about the banks themselves and what I need to fix, and I'm not very concerned on the mixing as I made these quickly just to show what her banks sound like. Just let me know what you like/don't like about the banks themselves!

Ris likes this.
  3. Avalia-Kasa

Avalia-Kasa probably a potato tbh Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    she sounds great!! my only issue is the mic blows in the whisper bank but her tone is sooo good aaa

you did a great job stre!!!

also. omg. please cover that una hate it song kurage-p made with that loud bank i feel like its a perfect fit lmao

4. CometStre

Trophy Points
    How do you recommend fixing that in the recordings of the whisper bank? I recorded most of them without a pop filter since I was at uni, is it just a matter of re-recording with one?

5. Avalia-Kasa

Trophy Points
    i think there isn't a way around it besides rerecording, if u want me to beta test i can probably find all the samples and list them for u o:

6. CometStre

Trophy Points
    If we both do that I think we should be able to find everything that's wanky and I can start working on it for the 1.1 or 1.2 update! I'll DM you the link

7. Avalia-Kasa

Trophy Points
    ok! ill dm u back what i find owo

8. CometStre

Trophy Points
    Some more covers to add to her showcase!

aza likes this.