Teto Whisper VCV help

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
The forum won't let me post in help and advice for some reason. Anyway, I downloaded a bunch of Teto's voice banks today. The one I'm most interested in is her Whisper VCV--however, it seems to be missing a bunch of sounds?? I don't know why this is, as everyone else on the internet seems to be using the VB just fine.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm assuming by missing sounds you mean they're not playing in the editor, in which case you might have to adjust the lyrics. Sometimes when I try to play a VCV UST with certain banks, they don't work because the aliasing is different or something along those lines. What I've done to fix it is pressing Ctrl + A to select all of the notes and go into Suffix Broker (Tools > Built-in Tools) and check "Remove Prefix." This turns it into a CV UST, which I switch back to VCV by using the Lyric Diphonizer plugin. Hope that helps~

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
Well, they're not playing in the editor, but it's because there are no files for them at all. It appears there are only files that being with A I U E O and N. There are no - ka, - ya, - ba, etc etc sounds at all when loaded into the UTAU software (and obviously they are all in Hiragana, I'm just not up for the trouble of switching my keyboard a bunch). It's obviously a different reclist than I use to create VCV but it's still weird that those sounds would be missing entirely.

I'm actually wondering if it's supposed to somehow be used side-by-side with her CV Whisper append?

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Lemme guess, when you open it in the oto editor it's like a grayed out, blank file, right?

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
I'll take a look for you real fast. :wink:

Edit: So mine downloaded just fine, and I appear to have all the files. When you downloaded the bank, did you do the drag-n-drop install?

Last edited:

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
This is so weird!! Maybe I should try re-downloading it. By drag and drop install, do you mean something to do with install.txt? I've never used those, I usually open the voices from within the software itself. I have all of Teto's banks put into one folder though.[DOUBLEPOST=1424740233][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you try using it? Even the oto I've got doesn't have anything for the "- note" sound files.[DOUBLEPOST=1424740451][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh MAN. I think I figured it out. This must be how tri-pitch banks work. I'm supposed to just pick the big Teto folder that holds all of the other ones, and then I have access to ALL OF THEM in the program. I had no idea! This is so cool! There's obviously still a ton I don't know about this program!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tema

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Just tried it on a UST; seems like it works good. Hmm. :cynical:

I would delete the file you currently have and try the drag-n-drop install (which, you know, drag the whole .zip/.uar and plunk it right into UTAU), and if that doesn't work, we'll try something else?

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
Just tried it on a UST; seems like it works good. Hmm. :cynical:

I would delete the file you currently have and try the drag-n-drop install (which, you know, drag the whole .zip/.uar and plunk it right into UTAU), and if that doesn't work, we'll try something else?
Hi, did you see my additional posts?

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Oh yeah! Then you got it. Sorry; forgot I was on this thread -lol-
Good! Welcome to the world of multipitch. Glad you got it figured out :wink: