That guy 2nd's Utau questions

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
I have a lot of questions and a way I was able to refrain from creating so many topics on my old website was by creating a questions thread specifically for me.

Now:
Why wont mine laru show up in the utau editor?
I have his part 1 + 2 and both are amended together.
When I choose his voice however, no sounds come out, but the ust is a configured properly.
I don't know whats wrong. Do I need his part three in order for him to properly function? If so, thatll be hard seing that the link to his part 3 is down, at least when I checked

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
What does the UST look like when you load it with him?
It has nothing to do with the ust. Its a standard VCV ust. When I switched the voice with another it worked. Nothings amiss. His voice bank just wont respond

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
It has nothing to do with the ust. Its a standard VCV ust. When I switched the voice with another it worked. Nothings amiss. His voice bank just wont respond
What does the oto look like?

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Are the folders inside a folder? Like you put the two folders inside on another?

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
No, I know it's a regular VCV- when I downloaded his banks, I had to add a prefix map- I'm guessing that's what the problem is.

Reactions: Zoku

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
It has nothing to do with the ust. Its a standard VCV ust. When I switched the voice wit another it worked
Are the folders inside a folder? Like you put the two folders inside on another?
Yes that is what I currently have him in, 1 folder with his part 1 and 2 together
[doublepost=1499560361][/doublepost]
No, I know it's a regular VCV- when I downloaded his banks, I had to add a prefix map- I'm guessing that's what the problem is.
Prefix map? Tell me more?

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
A prefix map is a file in the voicebank that automatically switches between pitches. To add one, check the oto.ini file to see what pitches there are. Then, go to tools -> edit prefix map(E). Then, add the prefix or suffix for each. (Prefix -> D4- さ) (Suffix -> - さD4) Here's an example of one.
locate_prefix_map_by_kale_chaaan-dbflvrn.png

I could explain more, if you'd like.

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
A prefix map is a file in the voicebank that automatically switches between pitches. To add one, check the oto.ini file to see what pitches there are. Then, go to tools -> edit prefix map(E). Then, add the prefix or suffix for each. (Prefix -> D4- さ) (Suffix -> - さD4) Here's an example of one.
locate_prefix_map_by_kale_chaaan-dbflvrn.png

I could explain more, if you'd like.
No thats good. I just need to know what I need to make ol' mineral work

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
Okay so I have a prefix map setting:
D4+ …… d4
B3~C#4 … c4
G3~A#3 … a#3
D3~F#3 … d3
B2・C3 …… c3
A#2- … a#2

However this doesn't include all his files, specifcally E4, F#3 E3, E2 and F#2. How will these files that werent listed be used?

Kale

Leaf god
Defender of Defoko
The pitch recorded (such as A#3) would start at that note and end before the next pitch. (D3 = D3 -> A3 -> A#3= A#3 -> C#4 -> D4 +) If that helps any.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I meant to do this earlier, but I guess I'll do it now.
I know that my friend @thibaud76200 is a fan of Mine Laru, so I'm paging him for advice. As someone who has already used that voicebank, he will probably know exactly how to set things up for you.