the AT2020 microphone is a good choice ?

Sync_Ye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I am thinking of changing my current microphone for an AT2020, but I do not know what problems this microphone boat can cause me (noise level, level of distortion, personalized features), in case you have a microphone suggestion feel free to indicate it.

Notes:
- I use an audio interface with 2 instrument input and 1 xlr with 48v phantom power and a good quality xlr cable.
- I use Windows 10 Pro for Workstation.
- My environment is not totally silent (only at night I have absolute silence).

Awaclus

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't have any first-hand experience with the mic, but it shouldn't distort at all unless the mic is broken, you're singing louder than a jet engine, or you've set the preamp gain too loud (in which case it's not the mic that distorts the sound, it's the preamp and/or the converter). It does cause some noise, but nothing too crazy, and definitely you'll have much more problems with the background noise in your environment than what's being caused by the mic.

I would personally recommend the sE Electronics X1A or the X1S, which are roughly in the same price range, but slightly higher quality since sE is a bit of an underdog company so you're not paying as much extra for the brand, but the AT is surely also a decent choice.

Sync_Ye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't have any first-hand experience with the mic, but it shouldn't distort at all unless the mic is broken, you're singing louder than a jet engine, or you've set the preamp gain too loud (in which case it's not the mic that distorts the sound, it's the preamp and/or the converter). It does cause some noise, but nothing too crazy, and definitely you'll have much more problems with the background noise in your environment than what's being caused by the mic.

I would personally recommend the sE Electronics X1A or the X1S, which are roughly in the same price range, but slightly higher quality since sE is a bit of an underdog company so you're not paying as much extra for the brand, but the AT is surely also a decent choice.
unfortunately in my country these two microphones are very difficult to find, and when you find a store that sells them for more than double the price (since they do not compete they put the price they want)

Reactions: HIRATELIER