The last person to post in this thread wins.

Line Gheist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
can't do s's, they are too silent, and w(the sound bugs me so much) and ki feels impossible on whisper without sounding like the voicer is suffering from mesothelioma

Reactions: lunari162

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
i hate recording any consonant with -yi added to it. i understand it's unnecessary but it makes my voicebank feel more complete.

Reactions: Line Gheist

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure my computer's trying to download an OS update, but it's taken several days to do that so far. Now my computer seems to be permanently stuck at 100% disk usage.
Basically, I can't work on anything UTAU-related or art-related until the update's officially installed, so that's great
/end unnecessary rant

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure my computer's trying to download an OS update, but it's taken several days to do that so far. Now my computer seems to be permanently stuck at 100% disk usage.
Basically, I can't work on anything UTAU-related or art-related until the update's officially installed, so that's great
/end unnecessary rant
my computer's hard drive (i think it was) broke 1-2 years ago and i lost everything so i feel your pain. i hope it ends up working

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
The only kpop groups I stan are BTS and Vixx woops
owo i dont really stan vixx but they release bops!
i stan so many groups if you ask me about a group i probably stan them
(akso im depressed that i swerved ultimate biases after having the same one for almost 2 years but its worth it since chenle is the most iconic fetus)

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Today's the second part of auditions for a flute solo, so we're all going to find out which two of us "moved on" and can audition again. I'm so nervous, I doubt I made it to the second round but I still practiced as much as I could for it...
(this was the perfect weekend to start having throat pain, though. and the actual school concert is also today, so that's not helping)
my computer's hard drive (i think it was) broke 1-2 years ago and i lost everything so i feel your pain. i hope it ends up working
My computer finally updated last night, so I'll check it after school to see if it's working again. Sorry to hear about your hard drive, though... hopefully some of the stuff has been/can be redownloaded or re-recorded?

Reactions: kamonohashi

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
My school offers Korean as an other language class and i wanna take it (I've wanted to learn korean since before i got into kpop)and everyone is say i should just take Japanese since i know some of it already and now im just
: (

Line Gheist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My school offers Korean as an other language class and i wanna take it (I've wanted to learn korean since before i got into kpop)and everyone is say i should just take Japanese since i know some of it already and now im just
take what you want. ; o ;

Line Gheist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
aaaaa recently have been playing a game with a few people where you randomly get selected prompts and have to (probably badly) voice act them or act them out, right now I am waiting for someone to send theirs because he got some pretty funny ones. and you could hear him getting in character xD

Last edited:
Reactions: lunari162

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I ended up getting the flute solo, and I didn't do as good as I wanted to because of nervousness. I don't think it mattered too much, though, since we got drowned out and 95% of the song was a disaster (-v-)b
aaaaa recently have been playing a game with a few people where you randomly get selected prompts and have to (probably badly) voice act them or act them out, right now I am waiting for someone to send theirs because he got some pretty funny ones. and you could hear him getting in character xD
That sounds like a lot of fun! Is there an official name for the game? I'd love to do that with my friends, but I don't know if they'd be willing to try voice acting. It's good that you found others to try it out with ^^

Line Gheist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
congrats on getting your solo. lol are you in band or orchestra? there's probably some official game out there that does the concept, like how people perform exercises in theater classes. however, right now it's nothing super consistent, only a few times :sad: , but just our small nerdy group goofing off and bullsh*tting stuff occasionally. the system we mostly have been doing was just use a random number generator, and some corresponding scenarios or lines. soemetimes with details such as "angry, depressed, while the room is on fire, in the mood to kill a man, your wife is a lawnmower, ect". it sort of can be like cards against humanity. also some of us bring or pull random scripts from other performances to give people. an example, forgive the obnoxious voice .
have fun with your friends if you play games ^^

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
this is me with mandarin. i wanna learn it since it's a pretty language but my friends are all like "but you already speak japanese so well" and "you can already read and write korean." like bruh what if i wanna learn mandarin bc its cool as heck?

Reactions: Line Gheist

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I wrote a response, but I guess it never posted...? Oops.
congrats on getting your solo. lol are you in band or orchestra? there's probably some official game out there that does the concept, like how people perform exercises in theater classes. however, right now it's nothing super consistent, only a few times :sad: , but just our small nerdy group goofing off and bullsh*tting stuff occasionally. the system we mostly have been doing was just use a random number generator, and some corresponding scenarios or lines. soemetimes with details such as "angry, depressed, while the room is on fire, in the mood to kill a man, your wife is a lawnmower, ect". it sort of can be like cards against humanity. also some of us bring or pull random scripts from other performances to give people. an example, forgive the obnoxious voice .
have fun with your friends if you play games ^^

I'm in band, but playing the flute in the orchestra could be a lot of fun. Maybe that's an opportunity in high school.
I'd like to try a game like that with my friends, so thank you for explaining it! Your voice doesn't sound obnoxious at all, though, it's perfectly fine