The Minecraft Games!

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So some of you guys might have seen Variede's "The Survival Games" Minecraft map, a free-for-all, up-to-24 player arena based off of the Hunger Games.

Well I'm now looking for people to participate in a match.
And this will be a YouTube thing too. Yup.

I'm participating as a contestant, I have some friends who might join too, which means about of 24 contestant spots, we've got

1. Kenji-B (Kenji_Baionoto on Minecraft)
2. Ibitsu_Hakureioto (on Minecraft) (not confirmed)
3. Toxic_Chimera (On Minecraft) (Not confirmed)
4. Zen_Osei (On Minecraft) (Not confirmed)
5. Nosidius (Not on Minecraft)
6. Myst (MystSaphyr on Minecraft)

We'll need hosts- the primary "game-makers"- as well.  As many as we want, but we need at least one.

Here's how it works.
  • A skype call with all of the participants will commence.  (Participants = contestants+hosts)  There, the rules of the actual game will be explained.  Contestants will position themselves in one of the 24 capsules around the map. The skype call will be dropped, and the hosts will start a new call containing only the hosts.  A countdown will begin, notifying contests that the games are about to begin.
  • When the countdown hits 0, you have a few choices- run away, attempt to kill another player, or head to the chests in the cornucopia and try to get some items to survive.
    Whatever you choose, your goal is to survive.  If you find yourself in a dire situation, your best bet might be running.
  • Players who die will be invited into the hosts-only skype call and be given the OP status needed to participate as a spectator.  You will turn yourself invisible (using /v or /visible) and set your game-mode to creative (/gm).  You will then be able to fly by double-tapping spacebar, and no one will be able to see you- but you will be able to see them. 
  • Hosts and participants can "sponsor" players (give them food and equipment), however, only hosts can spawn monsters, set fires, drop lava, etc, to flush players towards other players. 
  • To set fires, your target must be at least 8 blocks away from the target.  To drop lava, you must be above the general location of your target.  To spawn mobs, you must be at least 16 blocks away.
  • ONLY ONE PLAYER CAN WIN THE HUNGER GAMES.

Requirements to join
  • You must have Skype
  • You must have a PAID Minecraft account.
  • Optionally, you can have Fraps installed for recording the shenanigans and posting to your YouTube channel.
  • It is recommended that you have a custom skin to help differentiate the players, however this is not required.

Here's my favorite example of this competition at the moment-
http://youtu.be/VsyXqhEzghg