The non endless "Subscript out of range" Error after enabling "Show the wave envelopes" button to see the wave envelopes

AzoSBear

Momo's Minion
Here's whats happening. I render and play a section on an UST I created, and it renders and plays correctly without errors or anything of the sort. I realize that one of the consonant of one of the notes is too quiet. Then, I enable the "Show the wave envelopes" option to see the wave envelope and the volume compared to the surrounding notes. All the notes disappear except for the first note of the selected region and its blank. The error "Subscript out of range" appears. After pressing ok the lyrics appear on that single note and more missing notes become visible again. Continuing pressing the "ok" button on the error will lead to the UST seeming normal except the wave envelopes at the bottom of the UST arent visible.

Here is additional info, so I don't waste your time.
- The "Subscript out of range" error only happens when I enable the "Show the wave envelopes" option.
- My locale for Non-unicode programs is set to Japanese
- The UST is in a folder with Latin characters and no symbols.
- The UST is named "AZO-BA part"
- I have restarted my computer
- I tested other USTs and every UST has the same error
- My cache setting are to remove cache files on quit.
- Playback is normal
- The resampler I used is Moresampler, but the same issue occurs on other resamplers.
- I have reinstalled UTAU 5 times and same issue occurs.
- The "Show the wave envelopes" button is on UTAU shareware
- UTAU is always opened in Administration mode.
- The issue happens on multiple Voicebanks.
- There are no tempo issues with the UST.
- The voicebank I was using when I discovered this specific error was a English VCCV.
- The directory of the file is C:\Users\AzoSBear\Desktop\UST\som\Tale
- This is the first time I've had issues with "Show the wave envelopes" button. Previously it worked fine.

unknown.png

unknown.png

EXAMPLE of what I'm trying to do:
unknown.png

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
On the last screenshot I see that the lyrics are mojibake. This is normally from locale issues, can you please take a sceen shot of the locale setting? There have been times when people think they have set the locale to japanese but it was another setting instead, or that they've canged it to japanese but used the installation file was downloaded under non-japanese locale.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is the decimal setting in the format tab. It has cause issues with plugins such as the pitch tracer plugin, so it would not be too far off to assume it might affect something like this.

And lastly, you mentioned the file location, Does that also mean that the program was installed outside of program files?

AzoSBear

Momo's Minion
On the last screenshot I see that the lyrics are mojibake. This is normally from locale issues, can you please take a sceen shot of the locale setting? There have been times when people think they have set the locale to japanese but it was another setting instead, or that they've canged it to japanese but used the installation file was downloaded under non-japanese locale.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is the decimal setting in the format tab. It has cause issues with plugins such as the pitch tracer plugin, so it would not be too far off to assume it might affect something like this.

And lastly, you mentioned the file location, Does that also mean that the program was installed outside of program files?
That last image isnt mine and the focus I want to bring is to the red wave envelopes at the bottom.
As I stated in the original I do have the locale set to Japan.
Screenshot 2021-04-29 143338.jpg

Heres additional proof that this is not the issue.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 143519.jpg
Here shows that the decimal is a "."
Screenshot 2021-04-29 143703.jpg

All of my plugins work correctly. The issue is with UTAU's built in "Show the wave envelopes" setting
The file location I mentioned is the file location of the UST file. I stated this as "Subscript out of range" error usually tends to happen with USTs and folder names with symbols that UTAU has a hard time working with.
UTAU is installed in its default folder.

Post automatically merged:

Alright I believe it's an issue with Moresampler as well after some troubleshooting it only occurs with Moresampler and the "Show the wave envelopes" setting. I tested it out with resampler, and it works fine and also shows the wave envelopes.

Its strange as it used to work fine with moresampler.

Last edited:
Reactions: HulderBulder

AzoSBear

Momo's Minion
Here without moresampler and the "show the wave envelope option it looks like this. Which is what I want but with moresampler rendering.
Screenshot 2021-04-29 161431.jpg

I guess a temporary solution is to switch to default Resampler when I need to see the wave envelopes. and then switch back to moresampler for rendering.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When using moresampler as both the resampler and wavtool, it never produces wav files in the intermediate cache. This may be why the wave view doesn't work.

Reactions: HulderBulder

AzoSBear

Momo's Minion
When using moresampler as both the resampler and wavtool, it never produces wav files in the intermediate cache. This may be why the wave view doesn't work.
But like it has worked before. I wonder why it suddenly stopped working.

Also, would if be strange for moresampler to not work with either wavtool or wavtool2?

I found the fix

To fix this issue

1. Open moreconfig.txt
2. Under "# === Output settings ===" make sure it says
output-sampling-rate 44100
output-bit-depth 16
resampler-compatibility on
3. Save and close the file
4. Reopen your UST and test play some notes and press the (W) "Show the wave envelopes" button

Here's proof that it works now
Screenshot 2021-05-03 003447.jpg

Last edited: