The Riddle Game

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
The Riddle Game

Alright, here's the rules. In your post, you must first answer the riddle to the person above you. It doesn't really matter if you get it right or not, but for the sake of the game, actually try to guess correctly. After that, just give a riddle so the person below can answer. If you've already given a riddle and that person didn't get it right, just ask it again or give the correct answer if you want to give a new one. You don't have to come up with your own riddle; you can just look one up online. Pretty simple. Seeing as there's obviously no riddle that someone posted above me, I'll start off. With something easy, of course. ovo

'Make 6 with IX. You can only add or remove 1 thing.'

ouo;;

I apologize if this doesn't make sense or isn't any fun. vnv;;

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Write an 'S' in front of IX, and you get SIX.

Which word in the English language becomes shorter when it is lengthened?

Deska

Momo's Minion
Shorter -> short.
Or possibly datum -> data?

What do the letter "t" and an island have in common?

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
They're both in the middle of water~. ouo

There was a man found dead in the desert. His pack was full, he did not die from animal attacks, starvation, dehydration, heat stroke, or any natural causes. How did he die?

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Deska link said:
Shorter -> short.
Or possibly datum -> data?

The correct answer is short! So I guess, you got it right? ovo (lol, I dunno.)

@UtauYork  He didn't die from natural causes so obviously, the cause of death is unnatural! >8U
He was murdered by an assassin who had no interest in the pack's contents (I consider that unnatural). OvO"

Next Person's Riddle: I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

Rai

Teto's Territory
The letter 'e'

There was a coat you wanted to buy. It cost $100 but you only have $3. You borrow $50 each from your mum and dad. So now you have $103. Buying the coat, you have $3 left over. You give $1 each back to your parents. You keep $1.

Owing your parents $49 each is $98 altogether. Add the $2 you gave back that's $100. Add the dollar you kept that's $101. What happened to the extra $2?

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Let's see. (o_O I doubt I guess this right) I owe mom and dad $50 dollars each. I pay them each a dollar. I now owe $98 dollars. I have $1 dollar left.

... I'm confused.
My answer: What extra two? 0_0 Because the two I gave back is already included in the $98.
...Derp.

The more you take, the more you leave behind.

Deska

Momo's Minion
Time or footsteps?

@UtauYork's riddle: Was the man a parachuter whose parachute malfunctioned (still in the full pack), and he died from the impact of falling? o3o

A little easier, I think:
Bobby's mother has four children.... Penny, Nickel, Dime ... and what's the name of the fourth child?

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Bobby. u  v  ub

Why are 1990 dollar bills worth more than 1989 dollar bills?

lol lameeee

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Deska link said:
Time or footsteps?
Correct~ Footsteps.

@PandaLolii

You have one more dollar. ouo $1990 > $1980 dollars.

Riddle:

This is a most unusual paragraph - and so is its companion paragraph that follows. This writing may annoy you until you find out why it is so unusual, for you won't find a solution instantly. But don't go into a tailspin about it, for it isn't that difficult. But you will admit that it is most unusual. This writing looks so ordinary that you might think that nothing is wrong with it. And, in fact, nothing is wrong with it. But it is unusual, and you must ask why. If you study and think about it, you may find out why, but you must do it without any coaching of any kind. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you...who knows? So start to study it now, and try your skill at finding out what is so unusual about this writing. If you can do it in half an hour, you may claim an approach to wisdom, but if you can't do it in half an hour...find our solution.

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
faerimagic link said:
Riddle:

This is a most unusual paragraph - and so is its companion paragraph that follows. This writing may annoy you until you find out why it is so unusual, for you won't find a solution instantly. But don't go into a tailspin about it, for it isn't that difficult. But you will admit that it is most unusual. This writing looks so ordinary that you might think that nothing is wrong with it. And, in fact, nothing is wrong with it. But it is unusual, and you must ask why. If you study and think about it, you may find out why, but you must do it without any coaching of any kind. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you...who knows? So start to study it now, and try your skill at finding out what is so unusual about this writing. If you can do it in half an hour, you may claim an approach to wisdom, but if you can't do it in half an hour...find our solution.
Is it strange because it doesn't contain the letter 'e'?

UtauYork link said:
There was a man found dead in the desert. His pack was full, he did not die from animal attacks, starvation, dehydration, heat stroke, or any natural causes. How did he die?
Was his pack was too heavy for him to carry and he died of exhaustion?

The distance three racehorses can run around the racetrack in one minute is listed below.
Horse A: Two laps.
Horse B: Three laps.
Horse C: Four laps.
The horses line up at the starting line and start running in the same direction. How many minutes will pass before all three horses line up at the starting line again?

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
NicolaCola link said:
Is it strange because it doesn't contain the letter 'e'?
Correct. :smile:

@NicolaCola Two minutes?

Riddle: What is it that someone else has to take before you can get it?

P

PurinPuff

@Faeriemagic: A picture of yourself?

A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for." Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn't a suicide?

Zanav

Momo's Minion
@PurinPuff Because he couldn't of have stopped the recorder after he died.

What eight letter word contains only one letter?

Rai

Teto's Territory
Envelope (although they can contain more than one)

Take one of me out and scratch my head,
After a while I am now black but before I was red.

What am I?

Kikomi

Teto's Territory
Rai link said:
Envelope (although they can contain more than one)

Take one of me out and scratch my head,
After a while I am now black but before I was red.

What am I?

Totally guessing....a match?

my riddle for the next person-

What can run but never walks,
has a mouth but never talks,
has a head but never weeps,
has a bed but never sleeps?

P

PurinPuff

A river or stream?

I stare at you,
you stare at me.
I have three eyes,
Yet I cannot see.
Every time I blink,
I give commands.
You do as you are told.
With your hands and feet.
What am I ?

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Stoplights .w.

A man is going for a holiday. So before he leaves, he does a quick tidy-up: Waters his garden, packs some clothes, turns out all the lights, gets in the car and drives off. Doing these actions causes the drowning of seven people and soaking another eleven. Why?

Kikomi

Teto's Territory
NaughtyPichu link said:
Stoplights .w.

A man is going for a holiday. So before he leaves, he does a quick tidy-up: Waters his garden, packs some clothes, turns out all the lights, gets in the car and drives off. Doing these actions causes the drowning of seven people and soaking another eleven. Why?

I think I've heard this one before! Is it a lighthouse he lives in?

Here's my riddle for you~

Mallory can go through the green glass door, but Sara can't.
Apples can go through the green glass door, but bananas can't.
Coffee can go through the green glass door, but water can't.

Why can't Sara, bananas, or water go through the green glass door?

Asuka

Teto's Territory
Kikomi link said:
[quote author=NaughtyPichu link=topic=409.msg6448#msg6448 date=1332114674]
Stoplights .w.

I think I've heard this one before! Is it a lighthouse he lives in?

Here's my riddle for you~

Mallory can go through the green glass door, but Sara can't.
Apples can go through the green glass door, but bananas can't.
Coffee can go through the green glass door, but water can't.

Why can't Sara, bananas, or water go through the green glass door?
[/quote]

Only words with two consecutive letters (the l in Mallory, p in Apples, f and e in Coffee) can go through the green glass door. Sara, Bananas, and water don't have consecutive letters.

~~

Alive without breathing,
As cold as death can be;
Never thirsty yet
Always drinking.

Clad in mail yet
never clinking;
and drowns
on dry land.