Resource icon

Tutorial Things I Wish I Had Known

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
unknownLinguist submitted a new resource:

Things I Wish I Had Known - Tips I would give my noob self if I travelled back in Time.

The following are tips I would give my past self about UTAU. This is meant for beginners. It’s not all-inclusive, so listen to other people’s tips as well, but I’m passing on info that would’ve been good to know earlier on. If some of these things seem super obvious, it’s because some of these points are for SERIOUS noobs.

Disclaimer: I am not an UTAU expert, or very good at utau tbh. But these are things I picked up on over time, so I figured I’d share ‘em for pure newbies, who have...

Read more about this resource...

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
some good tips here!
do you mind if I make a similar version just for tuning?

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i would also add that you do not HAVE to make a VCV or CVVC bank because CV can sound good with a really well done oto
I agree SO HARD with this! People feel a lot of pressure to make cvvc or vcv, I mean, sure, it can be smoother, but you can get a LOT out of a cv bank if you put in the work. If you don't put the time in, even a vcv is gonna sound bad. My first VCV bank: Absolutely terrible. I cut every corner. But it still sounded better than my first CV bank because I didn't oto that one. SO the lesson here: Oto your bank! Even if it's CV!

Reactions: luiysia