Tips for using scremo UTAU Maiko Hakaine?

cubialpha

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello!! There are some yell/scream UTAUs out there, CO2 and Maiko, and I am having a hard time getting them to sound okay in UTAU.

Does anyone have any flags or advice for using them? Thanks!

Pilot

Momo's Minion
Try using model4 or tn_fnds_PB! They should solve the frq errors (or ambulance sounds) that Maiko loves to do

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This thread is several years old, but now that it's been bumped to the top, I'd like to let anyone reading it know this.

Use tn_fnds (or a tn_fnds derivative) with the flag W-1.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Can you explain this more to me?
Most resamplers work by either stretching or looping the sample. tn_fnds is somewhat unique in that it loops back and forth rather than start to finish, which can help samples that tend to be uneven like growls and screams not sound jumpy. The W-1 flag renders it without pitch shifting, which is also good for harsh vocals since they don't really have pitch.

Reactions: KrimsonDCLXVI

KrimsonDCLXVI

Momo's Minion
Most resamplers work by either stretching or looping the sample. tn_fnds is somewhat unique in that it loops back and forth rather than start to finish, which can help samples that tend to be uneven like growls and screams not sound jumpy. The W-1 flag renders it without pitch shifting, which is also good for harsh vocals since they don't really have pitch.
Thanks! Where can I find this resampler? Can I have a link?

Reactions: FelineWasteland