Top New/Popular Songs Right Now?

Kitteh

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So i'm ALWAYS out of the loop on this stuff, but there seems to be trends where like everyone is covering the same song and stuff, whether because its a brand new song that just came out or for SOME reason a song comes back and its HUGE

so i was wondering if there were any current songs like that? or even just some favorites you guys have would be helpful! (because i'm kind of at a loss on what to cover heeeh)

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Not so long ago, ARROW was a very popular trend between UTAU users...

Right now I saw a considerable amount of covers of SEDO's Mayu songs, specially "I dont wanna know"...Probably because of juby's cover (that is awesome) ^^'

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ARROW and brilliant died really fast ; - ;

If you cover a song and it's tuned and mixed really really nicely, you have a shot at getting recognized for any song, though my recommendations are:
Kire Carry On, I Can''t Fix You (english), and a tad bit late but the Mwk Remix of Love is War!
(I also would love to see periodic updates to this thread so we can all look back at bandwagons ahah)

Kitteh

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
ARROW and brilliant died really fast ; - ;

If you cover a song and it's tuned and mixed really really nicely, you have a shot at getting recognized for any song, though my recommendations are:
Kire Carry On, I Can''t Fix You (english), and a tad bit late but the Mwk Remix of Love is War!
(I also would love to see periodic updates to this thread so we can all look back at bandwagons ahah)
yeah i agree! but sometimes its hard to just get people to know youre even there ^^; like... i feel that if you cover the popular songs people are more likely to find you? (i hope that makes sense heh)
and i have done the Mwk remix of Love is War! (AND CAN I JUST SAY I LOVE THAT REMIX SO MUCH?)

And i've also been wanting to cover I Can't Fix You for a while but my 3 most recent covers are all English so i'm sure people want a bit more variety LOL
[doublepost=1484859759][/doublepost]
Not so long ago, ARROW was a very popular trend between UTAU users...

Right now I saw a considerable amount of covers of SEDO's Mayu songs, specially "I dont wanna know"...Probably because of juby's cover (that is awesome) ^^'
Yeah i saw that ARROW was popular, but i was too late to jump on the bandwagon and join everyone ^^;
and i really like i don't wanna know so maybe ill cover that sometime soon!
(and yes Juby is amazing <3)

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hrm, from what I've seen, a lot of covers done just for the sake of the bandwagon are not given a lot of effort, though, and I think that's also a reason they're often overlooked C": i.e. no tuning/edits, mixing falls short, off-time, etc.

It does involve a lot of chance, but smaller users who put their all into covers have been noticed and have gotten pretty far by dedicating a lot of love to their tuning/mixing. Straight plug and play is usually something a lot of listeners stray from, I think. It does take a little more time, but your hard work will pay off!

Plus, if you're doing covers of certain songs just to get popular, you're doing it for the wrong reasons >_<
Don't cater to others :'D do things for yourself, take pride in your work. If you spend too much time trying to please a general demographic, you'll kinda lose yourself.

Kitteh

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hrm, from what I've seen, a lot of covers done just for the sake of the bandwagon are not given a lot of effort, though, and I think that's also a reason they're often overlooked C": i.e. no tuning/edits, mixing falls short, off-time, etc.

It does involve a lot of chance, but smaller users who put their all into covers have been noticed and have gotten pretty far by dedicating a lot of love to their tuning/mixing. Straight plug and play is usually something a lot of listeners stray from, I think. It does take a little more time, but your hard work will pay off!

Plus, if you're doing covers of certain songs just to get popular, you're doing it for the wrong reasons >_<
Don't cater to others :'D do things for yourself, take pride in your work. If you spend too much time trying to please a general demographic, you'll kinda lose yourself.
Oh no I'm not just doing it to get popular LOL
its just kind of like... if i put a lot of time and effort into something its kind of sad to see it get over looked because of all of the other more "popular" songs i guess you could say. In my head, its kinda like that cover is my kid and i want them to go far and do well, if that makes sense (maybe not the best comparison but you know what i mean xD)

But i do think that putting effort into your covers will get you far! (recently ive been trying to get better at tuning buuuut im still not the best ^^; ) And i really do take my time with my covers and put a lot of care into them!

Sorry if my last reply came off as me just wanting to get popular heh... i just want people to love my kids as much as i love them ^^

Reactions: Izua and kimchi-tan