Trouble With Making An Utau.

soapstine

Teto's Territory
Hello! Hope you all are during well in this quarantine!
I'm currently trying to make an utau, but I'm having some trouble. The voice always comes out as if it were being sung through a PVC pipe, and I'm not sure if it's my computer or if I need a microphone. I'm not really experienced with messing around with audio, so I may just need to learn a bit, but is there anything you guys know that could help? I have a Windows 7 laptop, and I use Oremo and Audacity to make the voice files.

I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time! Help is much appreciated!
I hope you have a good day/night!

Axiomatic-Vertex

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
You can try a different resampler. A Resampler is the tool UTAU uses to take apart, pitch, edit, and reassemble voice samples to make your voicebank sing. The built-in resampler has always been crappy, and that's why your voicebank sounds like it's singing through a plastic bottle.
There are many resamplers to choose from! I personally use Kanru Hua's Moresampler. Here's a link to it if you want to check it out: http://bit.ly/moresampler084

Also, what microphone do you use? If it's your laptop's mic, then that's not going to yield great results. I recommend you investing in a decent microphone, maybe a USB mic.

You're still on the right track, Oremo is a very good tool for recording UTAU voicebanks, and Audacity is good for removing background noise.

Reactions: Aeroza

soapstine

Teto's Territory
You can try a different resampler. A Resampler is the tool UTAU uses to take apart, pitch, edit, and reassemble voice samples to make your voicebank sing. The built-in resampler has always been crappy, and that's why your voicebank sounds like it's singing through a plastic bottle.
There are many resamplers to choose from! I personally use Kanru Hua's Moresampler. Here's a link to it if you want to check it out: http://bit.ly/moresampler084

Also, what microphone do you use? If it's your laptop's mic, then that's not going to yield great results. I recommend you investing in a decent microphone, maybe a USB mic.

You're still on the right track, Oremo is a very good tool for recording UTAU voicebanks, and Audacity is good for removing background noise.

Thank you for your help! It means a bunch!

Reactions: Axiomatic-Vertex