Troubles With Voicebank Folder

Underlapped

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I guess this isn't anything super serious, its more of a huge annoyance and its super confusing for organization! So, for some reason ill put a new voicebank into the voice folder on utau, and then maybe I decide I dont like the voice, so I remove it from the voice folder or delete it entirely. But for some reason even after I do that, it will still be in the listings of voicebanks and even have the voice recordings still there for some reason. I even tried to reinstall utau but it still had all of them?
So say I had my utau's vb in there, Hitomi Akane
I tried to merge her append, Hitomi Soft, into the folder, but I didnt like that, so I erased it from the folder. But for some reason its still there when I open utau, even though its gone in my file explorer
Doed anyone know how to fix this? I hope this makes sense

Reactions: partial

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the data for the voicebank is still stored in UTAU until you delete the voicebank data from the appdata/roaming/UTAU folder on the c/:drive on your computer. The appdata folder is hidden by default so you'll need to enable viewing for hidden stuff (I'm not sure how to do that; it's been a while since I've done anything on Windows). Maybe try looking up how to view hidden files on Windows (though, I think there's an option in file explorer to do that, but I'm not sure).

Hope this helps!

Reactions: partial

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can open the appdata folder by hitting the Windows key and R, then typing %appdata%. It should automatically open the this filepath for you (you don't need to enable viewing hidden files to do this):
C:\Users\USERNAME HERE\AppData\Roaming
Take a peek at the UTAU folder you find there. It may be possible pieces of your voicebank got left behind.

If that is not the case...
Have you restarted UTAU since deleting your voicebank folder? If not, restart it.
If you have, try refreshing the voicebank list. You can do that by selecting a voicebank other than the one you deleted, and then hitting this.
upload_2019-12-19_18-2-56.png

After that, take a peek at the voicebank list again and see if your voicebank is still there.

If it is, select it and hit these three little dots to browse files, and thus see the file path.
upload_2019-12-19_18-4-20.png