Tuning Critique/ Advice!

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I wanted your inputs on my tuning in this WIP but I'm not sure it's that good and i feel like my tuning doesn't fit, and i would like to hear some of your tuning tips! (and flag tips like mod and all that because im still confused about all that) So here's the cover

part_3_by_carrotbunz-db1vl2b.png
part_huan_by_carrotbunz-db1vl25.png
part_two_by_carrotbunz-db1vl2h.png
I know it's basic I'm just starting to do different stuff but i don't really use them well heh///

Reactions: Piia

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hi~!
From the looks of it, our tuning is pretty similar to mine hahaha ^-^
I think it sounds great too tbh :wink:

The only thing is the vibrato on [- あ]. It looked a bit unnatural in my opinion (sounded like it too); maybe try letting it start after 1/3(?) of the note at least :smile:

But other than that, I think it's already great~! :D I hope that helped ^-^

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Hi~!
From the looks of it, our tuning is pretty similar to mine hahaha ^-^
I think it sounds great too tbh :wink:

The only thing is the vibrato on [- あ]. It looked a bit unnatural in my opinion (sounded like it too); maybe try letting it start after 1/3(?) of the note at least :smile:

But other than that, I think it's already great~! :D I hope that helped ^-^
Ooh alright thank you!

Reactions: Piia

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Hmm I think the reason your tuning doesn't really fit is because you're rather conservative with the vertical distance between your pitchbends. They are 2 semi-tones apart at most. Is that minome's ust? You'd might want to look at her tuning for reference since she executes pitchbends with big spikes well.

Flags depend on what resampler you're using.

As for modulation, mod0 is when the fluctuation in the sample used is 100% straighten and mod100 is when there is no pitch correction. How much mod to add depends how fluctuated the raw samples are. I don't have Kinko to know how fluctuated her samples are, so you'll have to use your judgement to see up to how much mod can be added to her without make her sound off-pitch. (Personally I'd start with a high amount like 60 and continued increasing or decreasing the amount until most notes sound fine and lower the mod of other individual notes).

Reactions: CarrotBunz

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Hmm I think the reason your tuning doesn't really fit is because you're rather conservative with the vertical distance between your pitchbends. They are 2 semi-tones apart at most. Is that minome's ust? You'd might want to look at her tuning for reference since she executes pitchbends with big spikes well.

Flags depend on what resampler you're using.

As for modulation, mod0 is when the fluctuation in the sample used is 100% straighten and mod100 is when there is no pitch correction. How much mod to add depends how fluctuated the raw samples are. I don't have Kinko to know how fluctuated her samples are, so you'll have to use your judgement to see up to how much mod can be added to her without make her sound off-pitch. (Personally I'd start with a high amount like 60 and continued increasing or decreasing the amount until most notes sound fine and lower the mod of other individual notes).
Ahh ok I'll check up on those thank you!

Reactions: kimchi-tan