UK English Accent Reclist?

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by Katie, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Katie

Katie Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Out of curiosity//research// are there any English reclist (CVVC, VCCV, Arpasing, or otherwise) especially made for producing a different accent than standard American (specifically received pronunciation English) and if so, could you provide a link? Thanks.

6_Jpop CDJapan
  3. Yanderu

Yanderu Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Currently the only one can currently thing of is an ARPASING list by HitCoder, unfortunately I could only find his full list which I believe (Correct me) is a basic all around full coverage phoneme list. This shouldn't affect recording but, the arpabet is/was intended for a more 'Generalized American Accent'. VCCV, should cover the main phonemes of all 'general English' accents (don't quote me), Desune Moralix & Hiroko's English CVVC are the only 'general British' sounding UTAU I know of, of the moment. Anyway all I could think of after those rn is either an edited delta CVVC with included 'British English' phonemes from http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/sampa/english.htm . Looking at delta's lists, they we're intended for Japanese audiences but is heavily based on 'American Accents', if you look at http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/sampa/american.htm .

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  4. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I believe I've heard recording VCCV as you naturally would pronounce things as opposed to forcing pronunciation to sound American can result in a pretty natural sounding non-American English bank. I imagine this would be the same for any English reclist.

5. Katie

Katie Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Thank you to both of you!

partial likes this.
  6. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    I created a Japanese/Welsh CV+ reclist which could work, considering how similar UK English and Welsh are. (I'm from the UK)