Unable to open Japanese voice banks in utau

TomVisser

Momo's Minion
So I'm a newbie at utau and I've been trying to open Anna Nyui Vivid VB on it but it won't work. I've tried other Japanese voice banks too but only English could be opened. I'm able to use utau fine with the English ones but I keep getting stuck on "Project Properties". When I select the Vb it turns read and says "Invalid voice setting"

I have a feeling it could be from the "bank regist." Because when it asks me to select a location or Vb, nothing pops up when I open the folders. I have to change the selection on the bottom right from "wav file" to "All files" in order for something to pop up.
Yes, I changed my location to Japan and I even added Japanese as one of my languages but i still can't figure it out.

Go easy on me lol I hope it ain't nothing stupid

View attachment 2788

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
When you changed your locale to japanese, did you redownload utau and the voicebanks? You have to do this because when you download them with out you locale being set beforehand it will mess them upp regardless if you change it after.
The resason why i think it might be this is because in that screenshot it displays mojibake instead of japanese characters.:holy:

Reactions: Zoku

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
As HulderBulder said.
Have you changed your location to Japan or your system locale to Japanese (Japan)?
If you changed your location in the location tab of the Region dialog, then please check the spoiler.
If you changed the system locale in the administrative tab of the Region dialog, uninstall and redownload UTAU and the voicebanks as HulderBulder suggested.

Open your Control Panel and go to "Clock, Language and Region". Open the "Region" dialog, click on the "Administrative" tab. You'll see the option "Change system locale". This has to be set to Japanese (Japan) for UTAU to work.
Best also check if you have a [.] or a [,] decimal symbol in "Formats - > Further settings". It has to be a dot [.], else some voicebanks won't work.

Changing the locale doesn't do much to your PC instead of displaying random kanji in e.g. installation instructions instead of 'special letters' like ä, ö, ü, é etc.

And after all that, you'll have to uninstall UTAU and redownload it and the voicebanks. It should work afterwards.

Reactions: Zoku