UST Just plays Vowel Sounds

InochiPM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So im having a major problem with some ust's lately, it seems utau is only play the vowel parts of the majority of the ust like if it were to play
Mi-Tsu-Ke-Ta i would only get i-u-e-a :sad:
but its only with some ust's. Like Sasha, The Fox's Wedding, and A Lie and A Stuffed Animal.

Can anyone help me?
pressing p1p2 and then acpt dosen't help, never has and i have used every resampler that is available with no luck still only getting vowels.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You could try to configure your .oto a bit to see if that does the trick.
It could also be that the .ust is made especially for VCV voicebanks and if you have a CV voicebank then you are bound to encounter some problems. I don't know that much, I'm still a newb to UTAU. x3

InochiPM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
You know i tried that but it didnt seem to make a difference, the bar just went farther back but still never played the consonant lol.
Well in htis case two of them are VCV and the other is CV Even with a VCV voice bank it still dosnt play right.

liiina

Teto's Territory
Supporter
This sometimes happens to me when the stp-box in the properties is full of random numbers. Could that be it?

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
You need to clear your preutterance and overlap. This slurring usually happens when a CV voicebank is playing using a UST that was originally fit to a VCV voicebank, like Euphoria.exe said.
Highlight the entire UST and clear the preutterance and overlap settings in UTAU. That should do it. If you want to refit it, there are some boxes that will adjust the envelopes according to your oto setting. I can't remember what they're called right now, and I can't exactly check, but try playing with those.

InochiPM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I have done that, my god i have done that lol thats the first thing you do when you open a ust. because not all of them will work right with your utau.
after everything is said and done i still cant get it to work it still will only play the vowles. EVEN with a VCV voicebank like my own it still slurs no matter what. in fact i think putting the preutterance and the other at 0 made them slur worse lol

clearing the cache and all of that dosn't work, yet others that i have sent the ust to said it works for them but they never say what they did when they used it :/ cant anyone help me?

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried clearing the STP box and the Consonant Velocity box? Make sure that they're not grayed out if you're selecting multiple notes and if they are, press the space bar to clear them.

InochiPM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yep, it still doesn't work right playing with the consonant velocity makes a lot of the consonants off by a lot like they aren't otoed even though they are.

Need less to say yes i have pressed every button changed every flag cleared every thing i can possibly clear and it still doesn't work right. but other people say it works for them.

Sowen

Momo's Minion
Hope it's ok to post here, I didn't wanna make a new post with the same thing.

I have the same problem. Just some USTs don't work. No consonants. I thought I am just a noob and there is a way to fix this XD
I tried everything you all suggested except the SPT thing. Where do I find the SPT box? Sorry, I am really a beginner.

liiina

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Sowen said:
Hope it's ok to post here, I didn't wanna make a new post with the same thing.

I have the same problem. Just some USTs don't work. No consonants. I thought I am just a noob and there is a way to fix this XD
I tried everything you all suggested except the SPT thing. Where do I find the SPT box? Sorry, I am really a beginner.

* select all the notes in the ust
* right click on one of them
* choose property (the last option in the list)

The stp box is the one at the bottom. If you can't see it you'll have to click "details" which will expand the box and show extra settings.

If it's grey there's stuff in it, and you don't want that. Double click the grey area to clear it and it turns white.

Hope it helps :smile:

liiina

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Sowen said:
Thanks! That did it for me :D
So actually, I should always clear that out?

I'm not sure on what it actually does but when its not cleared something gets messed up (for me anyway). I've made it a rule to always clear it when I open an ust

liiina

Teto's Territory
Supporter
I clear almost everything to fit the ust to my utau. Like the flags... I just don't get how I should use them ^^

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
If you're don't know what to do with flags, here's a list of the flags and what they do.

Most popular flags used are B, g, H, Y, F & L. I don't see many else that are used. Also, depending on which resampler you're using, some flags might not work. (Ex. TIPS doesn't support the B / BRE flag.) And if you're using tn_fnds, it might be useful to use an e flag.