Open UTAPlanet: 22 Chorus Battle - Team Applications Open

N.Zo

Nico Nico Need's A Nap
Defender of Defoko
Greetings! I'm happy to announce that I am co-hosting UTAPlanet: 22.

Feel free to join the official UTAPlanet discord server here

Do you already have your team? Fill out your team application here

Official updates are uploaded on the official twitter

What is UTAPlanet: 22?​

UTAPlanet: 22 is a chorus battle competition modeled after talent survival shows where teams of 1-6 create covers in 8 weeks with an assigned UTAU. During those two months, teams will create a UST, art, video, and mix their cover. There will be three rounds in the competition. At the end of each round, a portion of the competitors will be eliminated. The remaining competitors will stay to compete and battle for the next two rounds, until the final round where the winner will be decided.

While the judges control the primary score, the audience has the opportunity to vote for their favorite entries in all three categories (Tune, Mix, and Art) to keep them in the competition.

More information on the competition can be found on the official website

What can we expect for Star System Registration? What is a Star System?​

In the UTAPlanet Lore, "Star System(s)" are the official name for the teams who help the (currently unknown) narrator behind UTAPlanet's signals.

Star Systems may be composed of one member or up to six members. At least one member is required to enter the discord server. Teams of one MUST enter the official discord server.
Star system registration is open until April 25th at 11:59 pm PST.
Building a team may be difficult at the moment, but through social networking sites like Twitter or the official server's Team-Search channel, you can fill out your teams with ease.

Chorus Battle? Survival Show?​

A Chorus Battle is a competition popular amongst youtaites. These competitions gather groups of singers, artists, animators, and mixers to create a series of covers over the course of several months. In this event, you may find similarity in previous events like UTAUSHOWDOWN, UTAUVISION, and UTAU HUMAN PROJECT Chorus Battle.

A Survival Show gathers a group of contestant and has them compete in a series of skill evaluations (typically three). After each evaluation, the contestants are eliminated from the event. In order to maintain the competitor's best interests, the primary judges will provide interim checks for the contestants.

Lore? Story? Conflict?​

UTAPlanet is guided by a conflict on the fictional UTAPlanet. Unfortunately, the planet has been taken under control by a brutish regime. Together with the unknown narrator, you and your Star System will seek to save UTAPlanet.

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH! *---- Too bad I can't participate, but it's really nice to see such a thing! I wish you good luck and a good time! ^3^

N.Zo

Nico Nico Need's A Nap
Defender of Defoko
I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH! *---- Too bad I can't participate, but it's really nice to see such a thing! I wish you good luck and a good time! ^3^
Thank you! A bunch of friends and I have been working hard for months to get everything ready for this event! Even then, audience members are welcomed to join the server to see updates for teams they may want to root for^

• Love
Reactions: Big_B