UTAU 4.00!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Is it worth upgrading? I don't want to lose the english patch.

Nevermind, it's in english.

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
Just downloaded for testing purposes. The old english patch indeed doesn't work for this version, but it's not a big issue.

What I'm worried about is that I can't seem to be able to export any WAV files with it. A message pops up when I try to.

Also, as people test it, please tell us if you find any new feature!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
FastSpeedy link said:
Just downloaded for testing purposes. The old english patch indeed doesn't work for this version, but it's not a big issue.

What I'm worried about is that I can't seem to be able to export any WAV files with it. A message pops up when I try to.

It makes you save the project before you can export a wav.

Dang, I have to move my HUGE voice folder now, I had the no-install version of UTAU.

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
Ant link said:
[quote author=FastSpeedy link=topic=4202.msg30061#msg30061 date=1353677058]

It makes you save the project before you can export a wav.

Dang, I have to move my HUGE voice folder now, I had the no-install version of UTAU.
[/quote]

Oh, I see. Thanks! ^^

Also, how did you get it to be in English?

As for something I just noticed, it seems you can insert a serial key. Is it a paid version? Just wondering.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
The registration key is a feature that has existed since 0.2.6 version, if I'm not mistaken. And to export a wave, since ever, you had to save the project before. The registration key serves to activate the shareware version. On closed beta 0.2.9 version, the "w" button, which allows the user to see the waveform was a shareware exclusive function. But on version 0.4, all functions are open.

The English interface is available for any user whose computer's location is set to any other than Japanese. but it is also possible to change it to English, even if you still are in Japanese location. (note: location is different of locale)

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
From what I can see of the interface, the tools bar with all the buttons on top has more space and there's a horizontal zoom in the bottom corner next to the horizontal scroll.

In the readme that pops up, the progress report down the bottom mentions automatic CV->VCV conversion and the function that displays waveforms, both only available in the paid version of UTAU.

Also, the default resampler.exe has been improved on heavily.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
how do you do automatic CV -> VCV?

By the way, the romaji -> hiragana converter isn't working for me.

P

PurinPuff

I'm excited to DL this when I get home. -claps hands like little kid-

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
The automatic CV VCV convertion is done by pressing the A button on the left button corner. But for some reason, some users are experiencing problems, and don't have such button on their interface

Resampler.exe and resampler.dll were updated, and have better performance now. I noticed that the higher range of resampler.exe works much better, and now it breaks the common limit around E6, and with the voices I tested, now it trully reaches B7, which is the highest note possible

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
tady159 link said:
The automatic CV VCV convertion is done by pressing the A button on the left button corner. But for some reason, some users are experiencing problems, and don't have such button on their interface

Resampler.exe and resampler.dll were updated, and have better performance now. I noticed that the higher range of resampler.exe works much better, and now it breaks the common limit around E6, and with the voices I tested, now it trully reaches B7, which is the highest note possible

Oh wow. First, thanks for the useful comments ^^
Secondly, it truly has a better performance. I just tested high notes with it, and it sounded amazing! I will be using that new resampler more often now.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
tady159 link said:

Well, I don't have it. :U Oh well.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
I think I was wrong, but possibly, the automatic VCV converter is a shareware function. I'd like to have confirmation, or denial of this (users who have the freeware version, and have access to it). Because I have shareware, and it is available for me.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Wow, this is very amazing! I'm downloading it now but is it work with the current UTAU English full patch (created by mianaito)? I'm using the old UTAU software and I don't know what will happen after this. :/

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Now, UTAU has its official English patch, with full translation of the interface. Mianaito's English patch is usable only up to version 0.2.66

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!