UTAU 4.00!

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Twilight Tulip link said:
Honestly, I've never liked fresamp. I think it just makes the voices nasally and squeaky, and it always screws up the pitches and sounds. I've always been more inclined to TIPS, and EFB-GT (PB or whatever the other one is has also only caused errors for me). I adore the new default resampler though, and will likely stick to it.

Well, did you add the "F0" flag to fresamp? That usually solves the squeaky-ness for me and my utau doesn't sound at all nasally.

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Has anyone else had any problems with UTAU 4.11 and the usual plug-ins?

Some of them stopped working when I got the new version

Especially the useful ones like the Extended Pitch Editor and CV to VCV
I selected the notes and the pitch editor open with no notes to edit

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Miramiee link said:
Well, did you add the \"F0\" flag to fresamp? That usually solves the squeaky-ness for me and my utau doesn't sound at all nasally.

Ah, I have not. With my UTAU, I usually use F3 as a regular flag for her, but I'll give that a shot with fresamp sometime.

DREWdesu

Teto's Territory
Ameya just tweeted

UTAUVer0.4.11で、レンダリングに「バッチを使わない系のオプション」が全てレンダリングに失敗することが判りました。近日中に修正版をリリースします。
UTAU Ver0.4.11,I understood of the whole failure when rendering "To Not use BATCH System Option". One of these days I shall release a revised version.

取りあええず、Ver0.4.11では「バッチを使わない」「resampler.dllを使う」オプションは使わないでください。というか使えません。
Translation:
For now, Version 0.411 Please don't use/select "Do not use the batch" "Use resampler.dll". Perhaps I should say that you can't use it.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys there's a 4.12 out now. XD

Running the new message through Google Translate I got this:
"Other options / to ignore the language setting / OS Fixed rendering fails always in "Using resampler.dll to" render "Do not use when generating batch wav""
So basically what he was tweeting about, fixed some errors, fixed resampler.dll, and made it so English people can change the program to Japanese if they liked it better/they're not really English and vice versa.

I'm going to hold off installing until he's done with all these little changes he keeps implementing.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is great!

I had to extract the zip first but when it installed the english patched installed itself as well!

I can READ EVERYTHING!!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!!!

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm actually still on 4.0, I'm not sure if I should reinstall the newer versions with the bug fixes yet. I heard there were resampler problems with 4.1 before, while mine works fine. I don't know if installing them would matter since mine is okay ;;

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
...ah...

After 2 years we meet again "non-playing bug"...

I shall stop you and smear your face on the carpet...
----------

what? lolololol...I think Comodo blocks utau...worked other times though...*reboot*

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
ohmahgewdness

I keep getting an error (I think?) in Japanese, and I'm not really so sure what to do about it. Could anyone help me?

(I tried to attach a screenshot to this post)

Edit: Okay wait I think I was just being dumb I'm pretty sure it's working now.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 21

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
Umbreon126 link said:
That says the installation's finished, press Close to exit. :wink:

Oh wow, that makes loads of sense now...
Don't mind me, I was just being a dummy. OTL
(but thank you for the translation)

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
DREWdesu link said:
Just to let you guys remember that this is still UTAU 0.4... we haven't reached 1 yet.

I think we've already been over the "OMG UTAU isn't even at Ver. 1 yet!" thing ;;

Yue Nagareboshi

Senior Tutor
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Umbreon126 link said:
So I was poking around settings...
1) What tells UTAU what the res language is? (The res files don't say, is it coded in the executable?)
2)What on earth is this? (res folder, 013.menustring.txt)
013.menustring.txt said:
[Strings]
0024.Caption=\"setting\"
0025.Caption=\"Color\"
0026.Caption=\"Cool\"
0027.Caption=\"Purple\"
0028.Caption=\"Jade\"
0029.Caption=\"Grassy\"
0030.Caption=\"Flame\"
0031.Caption=\"Ruby\"
0033.Caption=\"Range\"
0034.Caption=\"5KHz\"
0035.Caption=\"7KHz\"
0036.Caption=\"10KHz\"
0038.Caption=\"No cache\"

Those are the recolouring settins of the spectrogram view in the oto window. They have always been there.

Press S to see the spectrogram view

Right click on it after activated

Colors> This menu appears.

For the record, and those who may not know... spectrogram view is the best way to make otos; not matter which recording method you use.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Hey, there's been talk of how UTAU .4 is now English-friendly, so I figured I could set my locale back to English. However, the actual notes inside of the program return to being unintelligible symbols.

It makes sense, I just didn't realise it. Was wondering if anyone else had tried?

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
From what I could tell it's only English Friendly in the sense that you don't need a third party Translation patch now...  Still not sure on the UTF-8 thing for the Voicebank Settings, I've not tried making an external OTO using symbols other than Japanese or English Latin Script.  However even if it does mean that you'd still have to add them from the Sound list.  Direct Input results in an error dot for like Cyrillic or Arabic Letters.