UTAU can't read Japanese even though my locale is set to it

blackicek1lls

Momo's Minion
Screenshot (4).png

The JP voicebanks look like this and USTs with Japanese in them are replaced with black diamonds with question marks. Maybe its the Windows update I installed or something else but I need some help to figure this out.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Have you uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled UTAU since changing your locale? It needs to be downloaded and installed after changing your locale or it will remain corrupted.

Also, be sure it was your locale (language for non-unicode programs) that you changed, and not something like your system language, region, input language, or time and date settings. People often mistake one of these other settings for their locale. Also make sure you've restarted your computer since changing the locale, in case you haven't.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

blackicek1lls

Momo's Minion
My locale has since not changed from Japanese when I updated my computer. I changed it to Japanese before I installed UTAU and that was well before this issue happened.

jokester127

Momo's Minion
Utau is a non-unicode application, and the locsle is set for unicode programs
Try this

• Click Start then Control Panel
  • Click Clock, Language and Region
  • Windows 10, Windows 8: Click Region
    Windows 7: Click Region and Language
    Windows XP: Click Regional and Language Options
    The Region and Language options dialog appears.
  • Click the Administrative tab
    On Windows XP, click the Advanced tab
    If there is no Advanced tab, then you are not logged in with administrative privileges.
  • Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, click Change system locale and select the desired language.
  • Click OK
  • Restart the computer to apply the change