Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hellow, how are you doing today? ^-^ I hope you're ok. I'm really proud of you, some people are very shy to show what they're working on (Specially newcomers), so you deserve points just bc of this. ^^

Let's go?

First I'll tell you how I like to analyze covers:

1 - Voicebank;
Here I will analyze how your voicebank is, if it's well otoed, if sounds nice and if it has any recording/FRQ error that could be heard in the cover.

2 - Ust;
I will analyze if the ust sounds good, if the transitions and extra sounds like "breathnes" and "sh" are well sitted in the cover. If they sound displaced I will tell you.

3 - Tuning;
If you tunned your utau well, if the transition between the notes are clear and didn't make some notes sound out of place. If you add some effects using the tunimg.

4 - Mixing.
Here I will basically judge if your utau is well placed in the mix, if the voice is strong and higher than the rest of the mix, but not too higher at a point that you can't heard the others instruments. Don't worry, I usually don't like to get to hard on it because idk much about mixing and stuff like that and usually people don't know to much about it too. So don't worry! :3

Extras:

5 - Dynamics;
If your vocal sing always at the same volume, manner and if you can hear clearly the consonants sounds.

6 - Creativity.
Here I will judge if you edit something in the cover that makes it sounds different from the original work.

I will give you a note that can be something 1 until 5 stars:

:wink: (1 Star) - Bad, I don't like it!
:wink::wink: (2 stars) - Cool!
:wink::wink::wink: (3 stars) - God, this is how to do a cover!
:wink::wink::wink::wink: (4 stars) - Surely I will put this in my playlist!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: (5 stars) - Creative and wonderful, just perfect!

You have to understand too that I like utau covers that sounds like human. So more human it's better for me. Let's begin with the analysis.

1 - Voicebank

Searching through the YouTube I could see that this utau probably is not yours. Well, Aiko is not a new utau, so it's not the first time I see her, but I admit that Idk her well enough to talk something about her vb. So what I can say is that the FRQ's are good, the oto seems not too good (I think you're using her CV voicebank?) because I really had problems to hear others covers consonants, but it can be just an impression.

2 - UST

I think the ust is ok for a cv voicebank. I can't see anything as breath, another extra sound or even a change in the notes pitches, so I believe it's an ok UST.

3 - Tuning

Although it's your first utau cover I have to say that it sounds cool for your first attempt! Specially bc my first one was so horrible that I don't even like to mention it! XD So using me as comparation I have to say that you're doing right. You still have too much to get there, but you're getting! ^^

Usually when people do their first cover they don't seem to edit the UST, just throws the voicebank hoping that it will sound cool (Specially with CV covers). But I felt that you had the sensitivity to edit and tune the notes as much as you can and it's pretty cool! ^^ Your tuning really isn't that good, but I have to admit that your sounds are the clearest ones that I could hear from all covers that Akio was used. It's really impressive to me and I think it sounds really cool. Nice job! ^^

Your tuning don't have any sound effect that you can do with the tuning tools, but it doesn't mean that your cover wasn't good. Try sometimes mess around more with the red squares to make a note change it's pitch during her execution, sometimes it will give you some good results. But you have to be really careful in order to don't make a note sound bad. Anyway, don't be affraid to try! ^^

Your transitions aren't that good too, but there is a lot of manners to make them softer/better. One of them is selecting the notes that you want a softer transitions (If you want soft transitions in the entire UST so you have to press CTRL+A that it will select all the notes) and press the P3 button. It will optimize the envelope options, but you can edit them too. If you click with the right button in a note these options will appear:
upload_2020-8-24_21-0-54.png

Go to envelopes and you will see a window like that:

upload_2020-8-24_21-2-14.png

This red line represents the "volume" of your note, if you mess around with the control points (The red squares) they will change the volume of your note during her execution based in the way that you edited the red squares. So, for example, you can make your note louder in the beginning and as much it approximates to the end you can make it lower if you edit this way:

upload_2020-8-24_21-8-36.png

https://vocaroo.com/7nkUtMD9nKR (The note that you saw above being played with the changes in the envelopes)

The origin point will change the position of the "pre" and "ovl" values. These values are the Preutturance and Overlap that I think you already know. If you don't know these values here in the community have a lot of good tutorials abouta that. (PS: The preutturance and overlap values corresponds to the gray and blue lines in the editor)

Idk what the Normal button does and the Reset button will restart the note to the original pattern (Basically will do the editor became looks like the first print).

The Ps and Vs values tells the squares positions, so editing it the squares will move horizontaly and verticaly. You can edit by clicking in the red squares and dragging them through the editor.

If you edit them correctly they will help your note transitions sound more natural. Try to edit it just for fun and you will see the results that you can get! ^^ (PS: I'm talking that, but Idk if it will work to others vbs types like vcv, cvvc, etc...) One of my favorites formats is this:

upload_2020-8-24_21-17-7.png

It really helps me a lot when I want smoother transitions.

I usually just edits the envelopes after pressing the P3 button. If you put an special attention in the envelopes you can achieve results like that cover that I'm doing:

https://vocaroo.com/3yIZGpEPLag (Jump to 0:05. It's not finished yet because I have a lot to do yet, and this is the worst part of the cover. Seriously, the others parts are way better than that)

So you see how soft you can go with a lot of envelope editing, even with a CV voicebank (I was using a CV vb for that cover too! ^-^). But obviously this isn't the only way to get better note transitions results, you still can change the overlap and preu values in the right click menu through the property option. Changing them can give you good results too.

Anyway, I think theres a lot of things to say like it depends on the vb quality, and etc, etc, etc... but I have to say that I'm really proud of you! Nice job doing the best cover that I heard using her! ^^ (I love Idola Circus! :3 *-* Nice song choice)

4 - Mixing

As I said I'm not too good with that, so I believe that you did a good job mixing! ^^ Maybe you could clean a little the utau's voice with equalizer, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Five and Six I won't say anything because I don't see too much of any of this in your cover.

And your note is...
:wink::wink:
(Cool!)

You did really good for a first cover, I'm really, really proud of you! >/3/< I hope to see more of your covers here, I see a lot of potential in you! So don't give up, although utau is very hard it can be really funny sometimes. But never forget the most important part: It's just my opinion so it doesn't mean necessarily that all what I said is wrong or right, it's just my opinion. What I believe will never define who you are, so you don't need to worry about the stars and my opinion bc, to me, you're doing really well! ^^

I hope to see you around! See ya~ ^^

upload_2020-8-24_21-6-46.png

upload_2020-8-24_21-8-32.png

Reactions: RyanaKZ

bitterACE

Momo's Minion
Hellow, how are you doing today? ^-^ I hope you're ok. I'm really proud of you, some people are very shy to show what they're working on (Specially newcomers), so you deserve points just bc of this. ^^

Let's go?

1 - Voicebank;
Here I will analyze how your voicebank is, if it's well otoed, if sounds nice and if it has any recording/FRQ error that could be heard in the cover.

2 - Ust;
I will analyze if the ust sounds good, if the transitions and extra sounds like "breathnes" and "sh" are well sitted in the cover. If they sound displaced I will tell you.

3 - Tuning;
If you tunned your utau well, if the transition between the notes are clear and didn't make some notes sound out of place. If you add some effects using the tunimg.

4 - Mixing.
Here I will basically judge if your utau is well placed in the mix, if the voice is strong and higher than the rest of the mix, but not too higher at a point that you can't heard the others instruments. Don't worry, I usually don't like to get to hard on it because idk much about mixing and stuff like that and usually people don't know to much about it too. So don't worry! :3

Extras:

5 - Dynamics;
If your vocal sing always at the same volume, manner and if you can hear clearly the consonants sounds.

6 - Creativity.
Here I will judge if you edit something in the cover that makes it sounds different from the original work.

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: (5 stars) - Creative and wonderful, just perfect!

You have to understand too that I like utau covers that sounds like human. So more human it's better for me. Let's begin with the analysis.

1 - Voicebank

Searching through the YouTube I could see that this utau probably is not yours. Well, Aiko is not a new utau, so it's not the first time I see her, but I admit that Idk her well enough to talk something about her vb. So what I can say is that the FRQ's are good, the oto seems not too good (I think you're using her CV voicebank?) because I really had problems to hear others covers consonants, but it can be just an impression.

2 - UST

I think the ust is ok for a cv voicebank. I can't see anything as breath, another extra sound or even a change in the notes pitches, so I believe it's an ok UST.

3 - Tuning

Although it's your first utau cover I have to say that it sounds cool for your first attempt! Specially bc my first one was so horrible that I don't even like to mention it! XD So using me as comparation I have to say that you're doing right. You still have too much to get there, but you're getting! ^^

Usually when people do their first cover they don't seem to edit the UST, just throws the voicebank hoping that it will sound cool (Specially with CV covers). But I felt that you had the sensitivity to edit and tune the notes as much as you can and it's pretty cool! ^^ Your tuning really isn't that good, but I have to admit that your sounds are the clearest ones that I could hear from all covers that Akio was used. It's really impressive to me and I think it sounds really cool. Nice job! ^^

Your tuning don't have any sound effect that you can do with the tuning tools, but it doesn't mean that your cover wasn't good. Try sometimes mess around more with the red squares to make a note change it's pitch during her execution, sometimes it will give you some good results. But you have to be really careful in order to don't make a note sound bad. Anyway, don't be affraid to try! ^^

Your transitions aren't that good too, but there is a lot of manners to make them softer/better. One of them is selecting the notes that you want a softer transitions (If you want soft transitions in the entire UST so you have to press CTRL+A that it will select all the notes) and press the P3 button. It will optimize the envelope options, but you can edit them too. If you click with the right button in a note these options will appear:
View attachment 9533

View attachment 9534

This red line represents the "volume" of your note, if you mess around with the control points (The red squares) they will change the volume of your note during her execution based in the way that you edited the red squares. So, for example, you can make your note louder in the beginning and as much it approximates to the end you can make it lower if you edit this way:

View attachment 9537

https://vocaroo.com/7nkUtMD9nKR (The note that you saw above being played with the changes in the envelopes)

The origin point will change the position of the "pre" and "ovl" values. These values are the Preutturance and Overlap that I think you already know. If you don't know these values here in the community have a lot of good tutorials abouta that. (PS: The preutturance and overlap values corresponds to the gray and blue lines in the editor)

Idk what the Normal button does and the Reset button will restart the note to the original pattern (Basically will do the editor became looks like the first print).

The Ps and Vs values tells the squares positions, so editing it the squares will move horizontaly and verticaly. You can edit by clicking in the red squares and dragging them through the editor.

If you edit them correctly they will help your note transitions sound more natural. Try to edit it just for fun and you will see the results that you can get! ^^ (PS: I'm talking that, but Idk if it will work to others vbs types like vcv, cvvc, etc...) One of my favorites formats is this:

View attachment 9538

I usually just edits the envelopes after pressing the P3 button. If you put an special attention in the envelopes you can achieve results like that cover that I'm doing:

https://vocaroo.com/3yIZGpEPLag (Jump to 0:05. It's not finished yet because I have a lot to do yet, and this is the worst part of the cover. Seriously, the others parts are way better than that)

So you see how soft you can go with a lot of envelope editing, even with a CV voicebank (I was using a CV vb for that cover too! ^-^). But obviously this isn't the only way to get better note transitions results, you still can change the overlap and preu values in the right click menu through the property option. Changing them can give you good results too.

Anyway, I think theres a lot of things to say like it depends on the vb quality, and etc, etc, etc... but I have to say that I'm really proud of you! Nice job doing the best cover that I heard using her! ^^ (I love Idola Circus! :3 *-* Nice song choice)

4 - Mixing

As I said I'm not too good with that, so I believe that you did a good job mixing! ^^ Maybe you could clean a little the utau's voice with equalizer, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Five and Six I won't say anything because I don't see too much of any of this in your cover.

And your note is...
(Cool!)

You did really good for a first cover, I'm really, really proud of you! >/3/< I hope to see more of your covers here, I see a lot of potential in you! So don't give up, although utau is very hard it can be really funny sometimes. But never forget the most important part: It's just my opinion so it doesn't mean necessarily that all what I said is wrong or right, it's just my opinion. What I believe will never define who you are, so you don't need to worry about the stars and my opinion bc, to me, you're doing really well! ^^

View attachment 9535

View attachment 9536

First of all, thank u very much! Then, you guessed right, i didn't mess around too much with effect and stuff. Aiko has a cv vb so yeah, i decided to use her first for two reasons. 1 - she was the first utau i downloaded the voicebank when i first downloaded utau some years ago. I like her voice and mainly her original song biohazard. So, with quarantine i had some time to play around and i felt like she deserved to sing my first try. 2 - i was literally learnung about everything so a cv bank was simpler at first.

Well, i made this fast basic cover to learn how to use UTAU. Smtg like I chose the easier way for my first go. Now I'm using some vcv vb and learned a lot more about other stuff. For now I'm sticking with ust's so I can get better.

Again, thank you very much. I'm reading and practicing as much as I can to learn. Maybe next time i'll play with the ust or smtg.

Here is my second cover attempt hahahah.

Reactions: RyanaKZ and Big_B

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hewoo!

Yes, her Biohazard cover is amazing! *--* Yeah, CV can be easiest to understand, so you're right begining with them.

I hope you like VCV, sometines it appears to be a montruous thing, but don't worry bc VCV results are really cool.

I liked your second cover, but Idk who the utau is xD Well, I'm excited to see more of your covers here! Stay strong! ^^

See ya~ ^^

RyanaKZ

Teto's Territory

Let's go?

1 - Voicebank;

2 - Ust;

3 - Tuning;

4 - Mixing.

Extras:

5 - Dynamics;

6 - Creativity.

1 - Voicebank

2 - UST

3 - Tuning

View attachment 9533

View attachment 9534

View attachment 9537

View attachment 9538

4 - Mixing

And your note is...
(Cool!)

View attachment 9535

View attachment 9536
Woah such a long honest feedback , i learned one or two thing from ur reply atleast hehe even tho its not directed to me :uhuhu:

Reactions: Big_B and bitterACE

bitterACE

Momo's Minion
Hewoo!

Yes, her Biohazard cover is amazing! *--* Yeah, CV can be easiest to understand, so you're right begining with them.

I hope you like VCV, sometines it appears to be a montruous thing, but don't worry bc VCV results are really cool.

I liked your second cover, but Idk who the utau is xD Well, I'm excited to see more of your covers here! Stay strong! ^^

See ya~ ^^

Rinne has some rly good covers (check out droop and psychogram, it's extremely realistic), I decided to pick this vb and merry's/renri. I like their voices very much. I love Vocaloid and Utau since a long time ago so for some reason I like the already existing vb.

Reactions: Big_B

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Woah such a long honest feedback , i learned one or two thing from ur reply atleast hehe even tho its not directed to me :uhuhu:

Own! Thank you! ^^ :3 I'm so happy that I could teached you smth! ^^ Thanks for the kind reply! <3
[doublepost=1598364548][/doublepost]
Rinne has some rly good covers (check out droop and psychogram, it's extremely realistic), I decided to pick this vb and merry's/renri. I like their voices very much. I love Vocaloid and Utau since a long time ago so for some reason I like the already existing vb.

Ohh! Ok! I will see them later! ^^ thanks for the recommendation! :3

Reactions: RyanaKZ