UTAU doesn't make any sound ?

DameNeko

Momo's Minion
Okay.. so i've been using UTAU-Synth for awhile, and one day, my dad installed the windows platform on my MAC. So i tought "Let's just install WinUTAU too now~" I installed it, it worked, but it doesn't make any sound when i press the play button... The black box resampler.exe thingie pops out, and the line moves, but there's no sound. My friend told me that i need FFTW or something, i downloaded it, moved it to the UTAU folder and still no sound. Now... i wonder if anyone knows what's wrong ? ; u ;

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I would just stick to UTAU-Synth if I were you.... The reason they made UTAU-Synth was because regular UTAU doesn't work on Macs.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
@Lemondolly: They're running on Windows.

Anyway, I'm not sure about this, but UTAUSynth is... Well, if you oto well, I've heard it's sort of better quality.
I'd keep using that for now, but hopefully someone who's better with this issue can help.

DameNeko

Momo's Minion
No no... UTAU-Synth works fine, but, well.. i installed WinUTAU on the windows platform, so the problem is the WinUTAU =u=;;

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When you install windows on a mac it is kind-of like putting a sock on your hand =_=;

It generally runs slower to.

Is sound available to you via other applications?
Are you using Parallels or Boot Camp?
(booting strait into windows or do you run mac first and virtualize side-by-side?)

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Is your locale set to Japanese?
There is virtually no difference between Window running on a Mac via Boot Camp and Windows running on any other kind of PC, other than the regular differences that occur between computers anyway.
To me it sounds like it doesn't get rendered at all.

On the other hand, there could be a lot of things going awry.
Have you installed the Windows drivers that boot camp supplied?
Does any sound play at all? System sounds etc.?

DameNeko

Momo's Minion
Yeah, i've set it to Japanese since the first i got it.
Well... if you mean like doesn't get rendered is no black box pops out, then i think it got rendered, the parameter [i think that is what it's called] moves, only no sound.

Yeah, i installed everything ; u ;

deactivated

Teto's Territory
It could even be a problem with the UTAU you're using. I dont wanna make ya seem dumb, but are you using an UTAU with romaji/hiragana only and using an opposite ust? Or does it do that with every UTAU, ever?

Also Defoko is kind of like always broken somehow..

DameNeko

Momo's Minion
Nah, i use hiragana with Defoko and no sound, then Kamirei with romaji and hiragana, still no sound, i even re-aliased the oto.ini files, still no luck .__.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
try:

tools -> option:

check: No Batch File for Rendering...

NOTE!: this is NOT resampler.dll, you can still use fresamp and other the same way.

(if that doesn't work then try checking: Note Length Calculated by GUI frontend as-well)