Utau in Vocaloid 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masa

Teto's Territory
So I was on utau.wikia.com when I saw this in the news section:

"Kitsuyeo-P has announced that Denki Utadenwa UTAU will soon be programmed to be compatible with the Vocaloid 3 Editor as well as UTAU!"

Is this even possible? To use a Utau VB in Vocaloid 3 editor? If it really is possible, how? And where did this Kitsuyeo-P get their information on how to do this anyways?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Looking at that UTAU's page and checking out the "P", I think it's just someone who thinks everything is possible and isn't thinking of realistic restrictions or, in this case, what's legal. They probably have no idea how and are just saying it because they want to, not that they have looked into whether it's even possible or not (And I'm saying not). I doubt it'll go anywhere. It's like the UTAU users who say "Oh my UTAU will sing German, English, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, and all in one voicebank!".

Masa

Teto's Territory
shinami link said:
Looking at that UTAU's page and checking out the \"P\", I think it's just someone who thinks everything is possible and isn't thinking of realistic restrictions or, in this case, what's legal. They probably have no idea how and are just saying it because they want to, not that they have looked into whether it's even possible or not (And I'm saying not). I doubt it'll go anywhere. It's like the UTAU users who say \"Oh my UTAU will sing German, English, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese, and all in one voicebank!\".

Right, I see... I saw on their Youtube page that they're only 12, there's no way someone who's twelve can make a Utau into a Vocaloid.

Rai

Teto's Territory
Well it is possible for a 12 year old to make it. Just very, very unlikely.

Also, don't always just take the age put on youtube as being 100% true. They might have put their real age, I dunno but it's just something to keep in mind.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
I'm actually asking them about this
moreover are they just trying to get people to look at him or if he actually thinks he can do this

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
Hello,. guys I'm the person you're talking about and I'm a girl, actually.
I am twelve, and the P in my name was a mistake.

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
I'm not trying to get attention or do illegal things.
I'm not trying to do impossible and i abosolutely do not think everything is impossible.
Please stop making assumptions about me.
I looked into everything I could and found nothing about not being able to make my voicewavs into Vocaloid.
I'm skilled with computers and I'm homeschooled, and I even discussed this matter withmy mother about vocaloid and legal stuff.
I'm just trying something new.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Kitsuyeo

The reason that many of us are making assumptions is simply because it's something that likely cannot be done, and to the community it's a practically forbidden idea to pursue. Vocaloid is a highly privatized software that Yamaha made and companies have to pay a good chunk of money to be allowed to even try to make a bank for it and then the construction and programming of these voices takes a year to several years. It's a difficult, intensive process, and this is in companies where they have dozens of skilled technicians and programmers working on it as their job. And that's not getting into the huge legal issues with Vocaloid (The companies and Yamaha are extremely strict about legal issues, the Vocaloid license when you buy a Vocaloid itself is very stiff and unyielding).

I'm glad to see you said the P in the name is a mistake, that is a thing that would make people think not so highly of you so saying that got rid of that negative stigma from my mind. But just realize that, with time and experience, you can make a fantastic UTAU that is free and everyone can use. You don't need to put it in Vocaloid. I know plenty of UTAUs that are much more unique than Vocaloids, so just aim to be one of them.

I apologize if I seemed offensive, I just wanted to help you see some things maybe in a different way than you had thought of them.

(Oh, and please don't double/triple post, you can just edit the previous one, forum etiquette~)

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
sorry for triple posting im new.
If you forgive me for stirring up stuff then I was wondering if maybe our utaus could sing together?
Also, Denki sounds so deep and he's a man because its my voice turned down very low

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Well, we did give you feedback on the idea
It's just not something you can do, i'm sorry
even if you do manage to find a way to do it, you will get in a ton of trouble (And this could possibly bring Ameyo into this, and bring trouble into the utau community)
"found nothing about not being able to make my voicewavs into Vocaloid"
That's because it's just known you cannot do it
You can't even open vsqx files into utau, so to bring an entire utauloid into this program that you need to pay for almost all of the voices, is simply very unlikely

EDIT:
Also, i honestly don't think asking that in the middle of this thread is a great idea; you might want to ask Shinami that in private

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
... denki was going to be a free vocaoid.
and so that i didnt have to buy the vocaloid name or break copright, i made up I-Vocaloid.
Independent vocaloid.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Yes, but that's not what i'm saying
And that......that'd just get you into BIGGER trouble, i believe
My point was that to import this voice for free, where as every other vocaloid (but galaco) required payment, is very unlikely to happen
You making a new program called "I-Vocaloid," just to import your utau in as a vocaloid, pretty sure that's downright copyright

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
I-Vocaloid isnt a new program, its the type of  voice.
But if u say so, I'll call it Focaloid.
I would make voice wavs (not for utau and not from utau, but for vocaloid only) and the character, Denki, wouldnt be a vocaloid, he'd be a Focaloid.
hed work for v3 but hed be a focaloid, my own thing

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
I don't think you're understanding this
It sounds almost like Polkaloid, but instead of making a new program for using vocaloids free, but making a vocaloid for free and illegally using it in the vocaloid 3 editor
Please understand, none of this is necessary
Why can't you just put all of your effort into making your utau the best it can be? As an UTAU?

EDIT: So utaforum keeps changing Po(c)aloid to polkaloid. iunno why

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
I'm just trying to make Denki sound clearer.
If you all forgive me for stirring this up, LETS BE FRIENDS I have no friends -_-

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
I don't mean to be rude
Just because something is a vocaloid doesn't make it clearer lol
You just need to get a new mic is all. There are TONS of utaus clearer than Galaco for example
Like i just ordered a blue snowball, and it should be here on monday

Kitsuyeo

Teto's Territory
No, he sounds clear.
sorry, i typed the wrong thing.
I meant smoother.
he already sounds very clear with the mic im using.
I've studied utau for a long time and am just now releasing my utau.
I can make utau sound smooth to the ends of the earth but vocaloid sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.